chapter one hundred and forty one

"How did you find that place?" Alyssa asks, looking around from her brother to his fiances. 

Jaemin nods toward his oldest. "Me and Minjae went to the beach on the other side and I said that I wouldn't mind having my wedding there or something." He looks at Minjae to confirm. "Right?"

Minjae nods. "You said you wouldn't mind an outside wedding and then got distracted by food."

"That's so cute", Taeil comments and then looks at Haechan. "But Haechan is cuter."

"Who's cuter, the kids or Haechan?"

Everyone laughs at the baffled expression on Taeils face from being asked such a difficult question. 

"It's okay, you can say the kids are cuter. You'll owe them all if you don't pick them anyways."

"He's not wrong."

"Jaemin, what made you decide to use puppies?" Marks mom asks.

"Oh, Haechan always wanted a puppy but never got one."

"It would be hard of me to take care of it by myself", Haechan adds.

"And now, he lives with people who are willing to help out-I'm sorry", Jaemin immediately apologizes to Kade and Alyssa.

"You're right, though", Kade tells him. "I wouldn't have helped and my mom definitely wouldn't have."

"Even if I did, Haechan would have to do more."

Feeling awkward, Haechan tries to switch away from this by saying, "He got another puppy so I could hog one of them to myself."

"That's sweet, Jaemin."

Jaemin chuckles awkwardly. "Thanks."

"He's so cute", Haechan blurts. He doesn't want find out who heard him so he just turns to Jeno and hides his face against Jenos arm.

"Haechan, will you be okay during your wedding", his dad asks.

"Don't make me think about that part."

"He'll be fine as long as he stares at one of them", he hears Alyssa say.

Haechan would miss the way his partners blush if not for Jisung nudging him in time for him to see Chenle doing his best to get a close up of their faces. He smiles at how cute they are and pulls out his own phone, hoping that he'll be able to, at least, get a picture of Jeno. Jeno is surprised by the phone in his face, which means that there will be a photo to tease him about. Not wanting to provide anymore photo-worthy material, he turns and hides his face against Haechans arm the way Haechan was previously doing.

"They're so cute", Jaemin says and Jeno just knows how much fondness is in that statement.

"I love you", he mumbles.

"Chenle, get another picture of Mark!"

Mark immediately hides away but he's pretty sure the pictures don't stop. Then, he hears giggling and he just has to sneak a peak and finds his children smiling and giggling. He smiles back, only to sigh when he gets a glimpse of a phone.

"Haechan, Alyssa, eat your food."

"I'm an adult!" Alyssa and Haechan complain in unison.

"He's got a point, Mark, eat your food." Donovan opens his mouth to brag only for his mom to add, "Donovan, you two."

"I'm eating", Jeno tells his parents, holding up a fork.

"Jaemin", Mr. Na says.

"Yes."