chapter fifty six

Favorite Person🙄
Did something happen?

                                                                          Jeno
                                     NO. I AM SO CONFUSED

Favorite Person🙄
Maybe we're just overthinking
Hold on, I'll check

                         One and Only♥️

                                                                     Chenle
               I'm not imagining the tension right?

One and Only♥️
Nope
But Jaemin said he's just thinking

                                                                     Chenle
                                               I don't understand

One and Only♥️
Me and Haechan don't either
Do you think there's some sort of
silent misunderstanding?
Like it's pretty obvious it has to do with
Jeno but Jeno looks confused as hell

                                                                     Chenle
                                                       He is confused
                   Maybe later on, we should go first
                   and leave them to talk

One and Only♥️
Not a bad idea

Truth be told, Jaemin hardly understands why he feels the way he does and why he's not giving much attention to Jeno.

It's probably all in my head

I'm overreacting

Jaemin shakes out his hands and approaches the counter to order a cup of coffee and a distraction.

He doesn't notice Jeno until the barista looks at her coworker. "Oh, Jeno, can you take over for me?"

Jeno nods and approaches the register. After a few seconds, he smiles up at Jaemin.  "What can I get you?"

Jaemin tries to smile back, he really does but his inability to fake a smile always comes out. Once he orders and pays, he stands off to the side, trying not to watch Jeno make his drink.

By the time he gets his drink and lemon bread, Chenle, Jisung, and Haechan have crowded around a table to wait for him. Jaemin averts their eyes while he eats.

"So, how is everyone?" Chenle asks, looking around at the three.

"Fine", Jaemin mumbles quickly. "How's everyone else?"

"I'm okay", Jisung answers.

"Me too", Haechan responds. "Wait, Lele, is Mark still busy?"

"I assume so. I texted him earlier but he didn't answer me."

"What would Mark get if he was here?"

"He doesn't like pumpkin spice so not that. He's not a huge coffee person either, only sometimes. Oh, you know what? He gets whatever mango or orange-flavored drink he can find. And that...that thing."

Jeno chuckles from his place at the counter. "Did you forget the sugar cookie or a danish?"

"Both."

"I love sugar cookies", Jaemin says quietly.