chapter one hundred and sixteen

You are a fucking idiot

Jaehyun sighs and continues to admire his best friend while he's not looking. He's always known that Johnny is pretty. But his beauty is so far from just his looks. For most of their friendship, Jaehyun's been able to ignore it and just appreciate him in a platonic sense.

Until recently.

He's not sure when it started or why but it seems like everything he was able to ignore is now standing out at him like the lights on a marquee sign.

"What's wrong?" Johnnys voice snaps Jaehyun out of his thoughts.

"Nothing."

"You don't look like that when you're zoning out."

"Huh?"

Johnny rolls his eyes and squats down in front of Jaehyun, eyes studying his face, their proximity making Jaehyun nervous. He has to stop himself from releasing a shaky breath when Johnnys hands move onto his face.

"There's tension in your forehead, your jaw is tense, I'm pretty sure your hands are in fists, and your body is stiff. And if you were actually zoning out, this would've made you laugh."

"Just thinking a lot. Nothing we need to talk about."

"Are you sure?"

Yes, now please back away so I can breathe properly

Jaehyun nods. "Yeah."

Johnny studies Jaehyuns face a little bit longer, feeling something's off, and pulls away when he doesn't find anything. Once he's away, Jaehyun lets out a breath, trying to get his himself to feel back to normal instead of the tingles he got from Johnny being close to him.

He doesn't get to relax too much as Johnny leans his head on his shoulder. He does his best not to react but it's so hard when he can feel the strands of hair tickling his neck and Johnny is holding onto his arm, keeping him close.

"This place is pretty."

At the word "pretty", the first thing Jaehyun thinks of is Johnny. He knows that's not what the male said so he replays the his friends words in his head and then hums in agreement, feeling calm from being in the flowery field, illuminated by the bright sun.

Mark stares down at the male with his head in his lap, admiring his features. Over time, all Mark has begun to think is that the male is unreal. Ethereal.

"How are you so beautiful?" He mumbles.

"Even upside down?" Haechan asks, opening one eye to look up at Mark.

Mark nods. "Even upside down."

"You're beautiful too. And so cute."

Mark doesn't move for a few seconds, letting Haechan watch his eyes move down to his lips and back, hardly noticing that his boyfriend is doing the same.

"Spider-Man kiss?"

"Sure", Haechan replies softly, anticipating the kiss.

Mark leans down and connects their lips, moving his mouth slowly against Haechans in a tender kiss. Haechan reaches up and holds Marks face, keeping him against him. Haechan is the first to break away, wanting to kiss properly instead. He moves onto Marks lap and smiles when he feels hands on his waist, laughing to himself at a memory.

"What?"

"I'm just laughing about how you were in control when we had our first makeout." Mark rolls his eyes, only making Haechan giggle more.