chapter seventeen

"Has Jaemin ever been alone with Jeno?" Jisung asks.

Chenle groans. "Don't give me more things to stress about."

"I think Jaemin would've came back if he was upset", Haechan says, pretending like he's not also worried about the male.

"True. Unless he's being nice and waiting for Jeno to come back with him. Plus, he could get lost." Jisung shakes his head. "No, no, no, it's fine. He's fine. Jeno's fine. Everyone is fine."

"Good to know?

Haechan jumps, clutching his heart in fear until he realizes it's just Jeno. "Holy shit, you scared me."

"I'm sorry."

Haechan doesn't know if he's overthinking it but Jeno's apology seems to run deeper than just scaring him for five seconds.

"Yeah, whatever", he mumbles, facing the front again.

Jeno sighs when he reaches Chenle. He lets the pinkette pull him into a hug and a press a kiss to the side of his forehead.

"Just give him time. Don't you need it too?"

"I don't like the fact that he hates me."

"He doesn't hate you."

"Sure, he doesn't."

"Gather around!" Jaemin shouts. "I wanna take a picture!"

The five males get themselves in order for Jaemin to photograph. Jisung makes sure to be right next to Haechan while Mark and Chenle stand on both sides of Jeno, trying to keep the two separate without being obvious.

Jaemin takes pictures of them first and then attempts a picture all of them that he doesn't like himself in, much to Jisung, Haechan, Chenle, and Marks confusion.

He takes more pictures of different combinations of them. One of Chenle and Jisung, one of Chenle with Mark and Jeno, one of his two best friends. Due to his friends persistence, he ends up having pictures of himself.

"He's so cute!" Chenle exclaims, looking over Jisungs shoulder.

"Stop it."

"Nope."

Jaemin sighs as his friends continue to gush over him and the other pictures he took from at the lake.

When it gets darker, Jaemin and Jeno get a fire started so Jaemin can cook.

Haechan stays next to Jisung, for one, to assure him that he won't end up being set on fire, and two, 'cause he doesn't know what else to do. He can talk to Mark and Chenle but part of him feels guilty that he won't talk to Jeno so, to ease his mind, he's trying not to talk to either too much.

"Are you okay?" Jisung asks, quietly.

"Mhm."

Jisung gives him a look but doesn't say anything. Haechan appreciates it when Jisung wraps his arms around him and squeezes him before resting his chin on his head. The two do it every once in a while so it won't really notify their friends that anything's wrong.

Getting bored, Chenle gets up to help Jaemin cook. And then Jeno joins too, feeling awkward not doing anything.

Mark smiles at Haechan and Jisung as he walks over to the two and sits next to them.

"How was the hike?"

"I cussed out everything that tried to trip me. And Jisung covered his ears like a little kid then tripped and cussed at a rock."

Mark laughs. "Really?"

"Jisung is so nice normally."

"I am nice."