chapter one hundred and three

"Okay, tell me which one feels the most comfortable?"

Alyssa nods and waits as Renjun holds up different glitter fabrics. She brushes her hands along the material and tests how much they bother her arms. While she does that, Renjun thinks of ways to guarantee the girls comfort without changing the dress.

"I think this one is the most comfortable. Like it's not perfect but it's more tolerable."

"Are you gonna wear gloves? Or do you want any?"

"Haechan!"

"Huh?"

"Call Jaemin."

"Why?"

"I need to ask him something!"

"Okay, jeez."

Haechan video calls Jaemin and hands the phone to his sister when his boyfriend answers.

"Hi Alyssa!"

"Hi", the girl blushes, making Haechan roll his eyes. "Renjuns fitting me for my prom dress and I want an actual helpful opinion on whether gloves would look good with this and what length.

"Here, I'll show him." Alyssa hands Renjun the phone and awkwardly smiles while Renjun stands back, showing Jaemin the makeshift dress. "Obviously this is just the start so I can get an idea but what do we think?"

"I think long gloves that match the underside of the dress would be perfectly. You'll look so pretty, Alyssa!"

"Thank you."

"Can I speak to him now?"

Jaemin laughs and grins when his boyfriend appears on the screen. "Hi, Cookie."

"Hi, my love."

"So", Renjun says. "Do you have a date?"

The girl shakes her head and then blushes. "I mean there's someone I want to go with but we both talked about going with our friends and just meeting in front."

"You should ask them."

"I'm just afraid she'll say no. I think she likes me but she's never said anything. She just compliments me and flirts sometimes."

"She also got you a necklace!"

Alyssa rolls her eyes and continues. "But I don't wanna find out I've been reading too much into it."

"I think you should take a chance. Your brother did it and now he's happy. It's easier said than done but try not to think about it going wrong. Think of it as you doing something good for yourself."

"Can I hug you?"

"Haechan, I'm stealing your sister."

"You have to give her back on Monday."

"Why? So I can go to school or because you want me back?"

"Both."

"Good enough. I guess."

"Aw", Haechan coos, bringing his sister into a hug. "You know I love you."

"Mhm. You can let go now."

"No."

"Haechan!"

"Alyssa!"

"Haechan!"

Jaemin takes in the sight of Jeno in a black t-shirt and blank shorts, hair slight messed up. What really captures his attention is his nervous the males seems.