chapter fifty five

As soon as Jeno remembers the other part of the plan, he grabs Marks hand and drags him down the hall, eliciting a giggly shriek from him. Jeno laughs along and comes to an abrupt stop right at the bottom so Mark slams into him.

"Why did you stop?" Mark whines, adorably.

"Would you like me to continue dragging you?"

Mark rolls his eyes and walks off ahead of Jeno, only to get slowed down by the male so they can walk hand-in-hand.

Jeno grins at Marks shocked expression, causing Mark to laugh. "Is this the start of you being clingy?"

"I'm just gonna say yes."

"Cool. Um, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"Jeno, please tell me you didn't bring me here so I could sit at a table while you work a shift."

Jeno chuckles. "I didn't. But I will get you a drink."

"It's okay."

"So a Pumpkin Spice Latte it is", Jeno says quietly but making sure Mark hears him.

"Unless it's for you, don't get it. I'm not a fan of Pumpkin Spice."

"The Pumpkin doesn't like his own kind?"

Mark rolls his eyes at Jenos dramatic shocked expression. He undoes his seatbelt and gets out, only to have Jeno hurry over to his side and grab his hand.

Jeno leads Mark over to the cafe area and smiles at his co-workers as he sees. When he gets to the counter, he finds the distracted co-worker he can't remember the name of and Zoe.

"Zoe."

The girl looks up and smiles. "Hi! Hi, Mark."

"Hi, Zoe."

"You okay?" Jeno asks, noticing how nervous she looks.

"A customer almost got mad at me and I've basically been interacting with people all day so I'm a bit on edge."

The guy with her snorts and finally looks up from his phone as he walks over to them. "A bit? She looks like she's gonna pass out just from people being in here."

"And there's that", Zoe mutters.

"It becomes overwhelming, but if it's so easy for you, why don't you cut her some slack and take over so she can relax?"

"I've been helping her!" The guy exclaims.

"I'm sure you were. We really had your full attention when we came over here to order."

"I appreciate this, buddy, but if I'm doing something wrong, our manager will tell me."

Jeno rolls his eyes and then smiles, shocking the two workers. "Since I'm just a customer today, I'd like you to take my order."

"Me?"

"Mhm."

Zoe looks between the two nervously. She makes eye contact with Jeno who nods for her to go. She slowly backs away and disappears into the back, leaving the guy by himself.

He lets out an annoyed sigh as he does something on the register then looks at the two with a smile.

"What can I get you?"

Jeno pays for their drinks and treats then leaves Mark to wait for them while he gets something from Zoe.

Mark starts to get a little anxious when five minutes pass and Jeno still isn't back. He distracts himself with his drink and cookie while constantly glancing at the direction Jeno went.