chapter twenty five

While Jaemin, Haechan, and Jisung are off to the music festival in the next town over, Chenle takes it upon himself to get his two best friends to bond.

(And he misses them but he's not gonna tell them that part.)

"I didn't expect you to pick bowling", Jeno says.

"Mark is a baby so we have to be careful."

Mark glares at the pinkette, annoyance filling him. He can't tell if it's more directed at Chenle or himself, though.

"It's okay", Jeno tries to assure him. "And I don't trust Chenle with something more extreme anyways."

"At least I don't cheat."

"Neither do I, you're just a sore loser."

"Okay, we're here!" Mark announces before they can start fighting.

Chenle offers to pay since he dragged them out but Mark and Jeno decline, causing them to play a game of rock-paper-scissors. It's decided that Chenle will pay for the bowling, Jeno will pay for the food, and Mark will pay for next time.

Walking over to their lane, the three spot familiar people.

"Ten?" Jeno questions, loud enough to gain the males attention.

Ten smiles at the sight of them and runs over to hug them one by one. Tens friend follows behind them, smiling shyly at Mark.

"That's not like you", Mark says.

"So I can be myself?"

"Obviously!"

The male runs at Mark, trapping him in a tight hug. Jeno raises at eyebrow at Ten and Chenle, unsure of who the male is.

"Can I kiss your cheek?" Darci asks.

"Yes", Mark says with a laugh.

He laughs again when his friend places a big kiss on his cheek. Mark returns the affection and sees Darci smirk.

"What brings you three here?" Ten asks.

"Had to get them to do something", Chenle answers.

"Ten lost a game of rock-paper-scissors so I got to decide what we do", Darci tells them.

"I'm still upset", the ravenette mumbles.

"Is it just you two?"

"Yeah."

"Wanna make this a competition?"

Mark groans, having no faith in himself. The other four chuckle, especially because they're completely fine with having a competition.

"I'm sure you'll do fine, Marky."

Mark glares. "Do not call me that."

"Fine, fine, Mark."

"Thank you."

When they take a break, Chenle starts to take pictures. Being the camera-loving people they are, Darci and Ten immediately pose and drag the other three into it.

Mark isn't even warned before Darci is pulling him down onto the seat next to him and leaning in so their shoulders touch. He just goes with it, not really minding.

Picture after picture is taken, all for them making sure they get different combinations of themselves and different poses.

"Post it!" Darci says excitedly, looking over Tens shoulder at their pictures.

After about ten minutes, Chenle gets a text from Jisung. Just seeing the notification gets his heart fluttering. He's slightly disappointed when he sees what the text is about though.