Chapter 18

Harry looked up from where he was laying on the couch, watching tv, as the front door opened. "Hey Lou what'd you get?" He asked as he saw his boyfriend walk into their flat with his hands full of shopping bags.

Louis kicked off his shoes and placed the bags down, letting out a deep breath as he pulled off his scarf and winter coat. "I figured the baby is gonna need some winter clothes so I just did a little shopping." He said.

Harry scoffed. "You mean you bought the store?" He asked through a chuckle.

"Well I did some Christmas shopping too." Louis said as he walked through the living room and towards their bedroom.

"Speaking of Christmas did you want to put the decorations up?"

"Oh! I got some of those too! And yeah, we can do that tonight." Louis said as he separated the baby's clothes, presents he got for his mum and sisters, presents for the lads and then hiding what he got for Harry.

Louis made his way back into the living room once he was done he plopped himself on the couch next to his boyfriend. He looked around the flat and he saw that they really did need some Christmas decorations, it just seemed so bare during the jolly season.

"What should we do about a tree?" Harry asked as he too looked around the flat.

Louis thought about it for a second before shrugging. "Well I don't want to go out and get one as you're a second away from popping the baby out." He said jokingly. "I can go back out and get a fake one."

"I don't want you going back out in the cold." Harry said as he shook his head.

"Well maybe we can put up everything else we have and save the tree for some other time? I mean we don't even have ornaments."

"We should just get a tree and put those little white lights on it and thats it. It'll look more pretty I think." Harry said as he put his feet on Louis' thighs.

"Very posh love." Louis said through a chuckle as he began to rub Harry's swollen feet.

"I don't want to move though." Harry said as he leaned his head back against the headrest and melted under Louis' touch.

"You don't have to. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it." Louis said, himself not wanting Harry to get up.

Harry smiled at his boyfriend gratefully, not understand how after 9 months Louis is still able to put up with him not being able to do everything. "You're too good to me." He mumbled.

Louis chuckled at Harry as he continued to rub his feet. He couldn't believe that in just two weeks they had a scheduled c-section and that the baby would finally be born. He would finally be a father. Not only that, but his baby girl and him are going to have the same birthday, and that seemed like the best birthday and Christmas present he could ever receive.

"Only cause I love you." Louis said before leaning over pecking Harry's lips. "And because you're having our baby." He said through a chuckle before kississing his boyfriend again.

"I swear you're just keeping me around for this baby." Harry said through his own laugh.

Louis shrugged jokingly, making the younger lad playfully hit him.

"I'm just kidding, you know I love you."

Harry waved his hand and shook his head as a small smile grew on his lips. "Yeah, yeah, love you too." He said. "But if you really love me you would start putting up the decorations."

"Fine." Louis huffed in fake annoyance as he really didn't mind having to decorate the flat.

He got up from the couch and made his way into his and Harry's bedroom, getting all of the Christmas decorations they had bought over the past week or so. Louis grabbed the bags and went back out into the living room so Harry could see everything they have.