Chapter 70

"Daddy?" Alexis asked as she popped her head out of her bedroom. "What's wrong? I can hear Cody crying from my room." She said with furrowed eyebrows.

"We uhm..." Louis trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck and walked towards his daughter's room. "Your pop and I just told Cody about his deafness and he just- he-" He said as he shook his head and bit his lip, hating that his son was so torn up about this, but he knew he shouldn't have expected anything else when the 4 year old found out.

Alexis was looking at her daddy like she didn't believe it. She knew that at some point someone was going to explain this to him but she didn't want her baby brother to be this sad about it.

"Sweetheart I'm going to try to calm him down, could you go to the kitchen and get the baby monitor? Your sister is sleeping and if she wakes up just get me, alright?" Louis asked as he began to walk towards Cody's room.

Alexis nodded and said a quiet 'okay' before heading down stairs.

Louis offered her a tight lined smile before pushing Cody's door open, only to find his son curled up in his blankets and muffling his cries into his pillow. "My baby boy." He said sadly to himself as he rushed over to Cody's bed and wrapped his arms around him.

Cody jumped as he felt someone's arms around him but when he saw it was his daddy he only cried more. "D-daddy go." He hiccuped as he tried to push his father away. "I-I just w-want my b-bed."

Louis only held onto his son tighter as he cried to himself and continued to try to push him away. He sat down fully on the bed and moved himself so he was laying down with Cody on his chest. And as he did that Cody stopped struggling against him and gave up trying to push him away as he sobbed into his daddy's neck. Louis rubbed his son's back and kissed his head, but no matter what he did nothing was calming the 4 year old down.

Tell me what you're thinking buddy, just talk to me about it, it's okay. He signed before kissing Cody's head one more time and wiping his son's wet eyes.

"I-I-I-"

Just sign it to me, try to calm down. Louis signed as he could hear Cody having a hard time breathing and keeping himself together.

Cody shook his head against his daddy's chest and gripped his father's shirt with his little hand. "N-no I different."

Louis let out a quiet breath as he looked down at his son sadly. When did being different become such a bad thing? He asked and when Cody hiccuped to himself and shrugged he continued. You're still the same funny, caring and super smart kid you were before you found out about your hearing. You've lived with it your whole life and if you hadn't noticed so many people love you, and even if you can't hear them say it they sign it and they mean it. Louis signed seriously, wanting Cody to really understand this.

Cody sniffled to himself as he tried to wipe his wet eyes with his little fist and if he wiped his nose on his daddy's shirt he didn't need to know.

Louis continued to talk to Cody and reassure him that there was nothing wrong with him, that being different was more than okay. He talked to the 4 year old until he stopped crying and his sniffles were replaced with quiet snores as he fell asleep on his chest.

Louis knew Cody must be more than exhausted after all of this and he was careful to kiss his son's head one more time before gently moving him from his chest to his bed and tucking him under the covers.

Next Louis had to check on Harry. He knew the younger lad was probably beside himself and his suspicions were correct when he carefully pushed their bedroom door open and could hear Harry's cries from the bathroom.