Chapter 50

"Louis are you sure this is safe?" Harry asked nervously.

"Babe it's fine." Louis said as he adjusted Alexis' goggles that covered her nose as well as her eyes and fixed her snorkel. "We're gonna have fun right love?"

"Right!" Alexis cheered.

Harry bit his lip as he adjusted Cody on his hip and looked to Marcus, Austin and Joey who were already in the water swimming around. He was only nervous because they were in the middle of the ocean and even though Mr. Balducci told him that sharks aren't in the region he still worried.

"Haz seriously I wouldn't let her in the water if I thought something was gonna happen." Louis said as he made sure Alexis' life jacket on was right and he stood up. "You should come in too. We can look at all the pretty fishes together." He said through a chuckle as he put on his own goggles and snorkel.

"No thanks, I'll just stay up here with Cody." Harry said as his husband and daughter walked to the small gate that allowed an opening to get to the water.

"Alright." Louis breathed out before he jumped into the water.

When he reemerged to the surface he shook his head to get his hair out of his view and let out a quiet breath because he didn't imagine the water feeling this good. It was nice after spending nearly 45 minutes in the sun to cool off in the clear water.

Louis opened his arms for Alexis to jump from the boat and it wasn't even a second later that she was smiling at him and hopping off the edge and into her daddy's arms.

"You alright sweetheart?" Louis checked.

"Yes!" Alexis said excitedly as she jumped in her father's arms. "Can I see the fish now?" She asked.

"First I wanna show you how to use this okay?" Louis said as he pointed to the snorkel. "So it goes in your mouth like this." He said as he showed her. "And you keep your mouth shut, but don't bite it." He said, taking it back out of his mouth. "And you're gonna breathe through your mouth okay? If you do that you won't have to come up for air when you go underwater."

"Really?" Alexis asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Really really." Louis said through a chuckle. "Can you do it above the water so I can see if you're doing it right?" He asked.

Alexis nodded and tried to do what her daddy had showed her. She put the snorkel that was attached to her goggles in her mouth and Louis checked it over before telling her to breath out of her mouth. He put his hand over the top of the snorkel to make sure he could feel Alexis' breath and when he could he smiled at her.

"Good job love." He said softly. "If you wanna come up from the water just squeeze my hand okay?"

"Okay daddy." Alexis said before putting the snorkel back in her mouth and gripping both of her father's hands.

"Ready?" Louis asked with raised eyebrows.

Alexis nodded and Louis didn't even have to tell her anything before she dipped her head into the water. Louis smiled to himself as he glanced up at Harry and saw the younger lad watching them with a small smile on his face. Louis sent his husband a quick wink before dipping his own head into the water and seeing the whole other world under them.

They were right on top of a drop off and directly below them were multicolored fish, coral, and other vegetation that took over the ocean floor. Louis had never seen anything so beautiful before.

He kicked his legs gently and slowly moved him and Alexis around to be able to get a view of everything but Louis stopped as he felt his daughter squeeze his hand tightly over and over again. He quickly picked her up out of the water and looked at her worriedly, but Louis didn't expect her to be grinning at him like mad.