Chapter 65

"Harry..."  Louis whispered as he combed his fingers through the younger lad's hair. "Babe, wake up."

Harry grumbled to himself as he felt someone ruining his very peaceful sleep but when he squinted his eyes and saw Louis standing over him he woke right up.

"Whoa, easy love." Louis said through a quiet laugh as he saw Harry try to sit right up. But he stopped laughing immediately as he looked at his husband and saw his eyes pink and puffy. "Have you been crying?" He asked worriedly.

"Um no, no must be allergies or something." Harry said quietly as he shook his head, still feeling his eyes sting from when he actually was crying just hours ago.

"You don't have allergies." Louis said with furrowed eyebrows. "Are you okay? Do you want me to get you something?"

"M'fine." Harry muttered as he sat up fully and rubbed a hand over his face. "How was um, how was Liam?" He asked as he bit his lip.

Louis looked at the younger lad confused before seeming like he had remembered something. "Yeah, yeah he was good. It was nice to catch up." He said as he nodded to himself.

Harry hummed and pressed his lips together as he looked towards the floor.

"You know what? I'll make dinner tonight, you just relax and I'll try not to burn the place down." Louis said as he noticed his husband was in a funky mood and wasn't sure if his hormones were raging or what.

All Harry did was nod as he side glanced Louis and couldn't help but wonder why he was doing this. Why was he being so helpful and caring even though just hours ago he lied to him about where and he was going and with who. And the thing that scared Harry the most was what he was doing while he was gone.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Louis asked softly as he rubbed the younger lad's back.

"I told you I'm fine." Harry muttered before pushing himself off the couch and making his way out of the living room.

Louis watched in confusion as Harry walked out of the living room and down the hall, probably to go to their bedroom. He didn't know what had Harry so upset or if he did something that put the younger lad in a bad mood but he did know that he had to do anything he could to see Harry smiling again.

"Hey Al!" Louis called out as he made his way to the kitchen.

"What?" Alexis asked with raised eyebrows as she walked into the kitchen.

"Wanna help me cook dinner? Maybe give me a few pointers?" Louis asked through a small smile as he looked in their pantry, trying to get an idea of what he could possibly make.

"Only if you promise not to ruin anything and blame it on me." Alexis said as she walked into the pantry with her father and looked around before pulling a few things out.

Louis laughed at his daughter as he watched her pull different ingredients out and from what he saw she probably wanted to make chicken with some crust thing on it. "I promise." He said as he pulled out a pan. "Can I ask you something?"

"You just did." Alexis said teasingly as that's what her father does to her on a regular basis.

"Shut up." Louis said through a quiet chuckle. "Do you know what your pop is so upset about?" He asked as he glanced over at the 7 year old.

Alexis furrowed her eyebrows at her father before shaking her head. "No but he was on the phone with uncle Niall earlier and he sounded sad." She said as she cracked an egg in a bowl.

"You didn't hear what he was sad about though?" Louis asked as he bit his lip and dredged the chicken in the egg his daughter had cracked and whisked.