Chapter 87

Louis let out a quiet breath as he felt Rory reach for his glasses and try to pull them off his face. This has been going on for over a half hour and if the 5 month old wasn't so cute Louis probably would've had Harry come into the office and take him away.

"Papapa." Rory said as he bounced on his daddy's lap and hit his little hands on the computer keyboard, trying to copy what his father was doing.

"No, no, no. Don't do that buddy." Louis said quickly as he adjusted Rory on his lap and tried to delete whatever it was his son typed onto his document. "C'mon you little troublemaker." He muttered as the 5 month old kept squirming in his lap and tried to reach for his glasses yet again.

But a moment later Louis heard a knock at the door and he made sure Rory was settled in his lap before saying a quiet "come in".

"Hey love, someone is here to see you." Harry said as he popped his head into the office.

"Papapa!" Rory squealed as he saw his father and tried reaching for him from his daddy's lap.

"Hi big boy." Harry said through a soft smile as he walked towards his husband and son and scooped up the 5 month old. "So want me to send him in?" He asked as he looked to Louis.

"Uhm yeah, thanks love." Louis said as he typed one more thing on his computer and then grinned up at the younger lad.

Harry nodded at Louis and bent down to peck his lips quickly before showing Rory how to wave at his father. "Bye bye daddy." He said to his son as he opened and closed his fist.

"Papapa!" Rory said as he tried to copy his papa's action and open and close his little hand at his daddy.

Louis laughed quietly to himself before waving back at his son and sending a wink to his husband. As the pair walked out it was only a second later when someone else came in and as Louis saw who it was he smiled happily at the older lad and stood up to shake his hand.

"What's goin on mate? Haven't seen you since we played you boys last year." Louis said as he shook the footie player's hand.

"I'm doin really really good, thanks for asking." Ed said through his own grin as he dropped Louis' hand and sat down in the chair in front of the younger lad's desk. "I've been watching your boys play, they look great. I think they have a real shot to make it to the top."

Louis raised his eyebrows at that and shrugged sheepishly to himself. "I dunno about that, but we can all dream right?" He asked through a quiet laugh. "But I remember you callin me and wanting to talk to me about something, so what was it? What can I help you with?"

Ed scratched the back of his neck a bit nervously as he looked to the younger lad. "Well you know you're coaching and everything now and it's about time I retire, and I was uhm, I was thinking about what I wanted to do after I retire and I was thinking maybe coaching."

Louis nodded slowly, still not sure what Ed wanted from him. "So do you want to watch me coach? Do you want to help me coach? What is it you're looking for from me?"

"I uh, I guess watch you coach and just see how it is and then maybe if you'll have me, maybe be an assistant coach?" Ed asked quietly.

"Yeah, yeah of course to both of those things." Louis said through a small smile. "We've been mates for years now and I know you're a great player. Hell you beat me out for goal of the year award, when was it? Like almost 7 years ago?" He asked and Ed nodded sheepishly. "I mean of course I'd have to see how'd you be as an assistant coach and it'll take some convincing the league but I'm sure I can get you on board."

Ed smiled widely to himself as he heard that and didn't waste a second before thanking Louis profusely. "You really have no clue how much this means to me." He rushed out.