Chapter 83

Louis had his tongue sticking out between his lips as he tried to focus on what he was doing. He was sure he's seen Harry do this a thousand times and it really shouldn't be that difficult, but somehow Louis was having some serious problems.

"Dad I packed mine and Rosie's bag." Alexis said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks love. Did you check on your brother?" Louis asked as he kept his eyes on the pan, trying to make sure the chicken wouldn't burn.

"Yeah he's ready to go." Alexis said as she bit back a smile, more than amused at what her father was trying to do.

Louis hummed as he looked over the pan and tried to see if the chicken was seared or not. But of course when he flipped it over it was burnt. "God dammit." He muttered frustratedly to himself before picking the chicken up and putting it in the garbage, only to put another piece on the pan. "How long does each side cook for?"

"About 10 minutes." Alexis said as she nudged her dad out of the way and stood in front of the stove, not wanting him to burn anything else. "And flip it a few times, like every two minutes."

"Right, right." Louis said as he nodded and took mental notes.

"Dad the green beans!" Alexis said quickly as she looked over to the other pan and saw smoke coming from the bottom of the green beans.

Louis reached for the pan quickly and took it off the burner before flipping a few of the green beans to check on them. He let out a deep breath as he saw that only a few were burnt and that there was still plenty for him and Harry to eat.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay and help?" Alexis asked as she looked up at her father.

"No I can do it." Louis mumbled. "It's just the potatoes, chicken and I have to make a salad. Thanks anyway though." He said quietly.

Alexis let out a small breath, not quite sure if her dad could handle all of that. "I'll make the chicken, you do the salad."

Louis nodded and was secretly grateful is daughter took over as he reached into the fridge. "Can you try this dressing for the salad I made? And be honest."

"Sure." Alexis said before dipping her finger in the bowl her father put in front of her and putting her finger in her mouth. "Wow dad... That's really good." She said surprised.

"Really?!" Louis asked excitedly as he jumped in place a little bit. "Thank God, I thought it was gonna suck." He said through a small laugh as he put the green beans on a serving plate and covered them with foil to keep warm.

"No it's actually really really good. Nice goin dad." Alexis said through her own laugh as she pat her father on the back.

Louis celebrated a bit more before he finally got out the things he needed for a salad. Even if he burned a few things he was sure that overall the dinner would be a success. At least he hoped it would be.

"The favorite uncle is here!!"

Both Louis and Alexis snapped their heads up to see Zayn walking into the kitchen and Louis couldn't help but roll his eyes at his best mate.

"You and I get to have a sleepover." Zayn said in a sing song voice as he grabbed his niece's hand and spun her around the kitchen. "And my cooking is gonna be better than your dad's."

"Hey!" Louis said as he looked over to the younger lad. "It's not bad, even Al said my salad dressing was good!"

Zayn let out a snort as he spun his niece one more time before pulling her into his side. "Sure. I bet H will call me in a few hours complaining about food poisoning."