Chapter 84

Louis felt his jaw go slack as he saw the bedsheets stained with blood. He found himself unable to move, unable to breathe as he looked at his husband. But Louis quickly snapped out of his thoughts, knowing he had to do something and fast as he heard the younger lad let out a quiet cry.

"We're going to the hospital." He rushed out as he jumped out of bed. "Don't move, I'm waking Al up and then I'll come back." Louis said before he ran out of his bedroom and to his daughter's.

"Dad." Alexis groaned as the lights flew on in her room.

"Alexis this is serious. I need you to get up right now, wake up your siblings and get them dressed, we need to go to the hospital, something is wrong with pop. Get shoes on and meet me at the door." Louis said quickly before running back out of the room.

Alexis was frozen for a second before gathering everything her father said to her and springing out of bed to get dressed and get her siblings.

"L-Louis?" Harry asked quietly through a hiccup as he tried to calm his breathing.

"I'm right here love." Louis said as he rushed back into the room and started gathering clothes from the floor to put on.

As quickly as Louis could he pulled his clothes on before getting Harry a fresh pair of pants and very carefully helping him in them as he stayed on the bed. And just as carefully did Louis help Harry sit up and slowly get him to his feet.

Louis only grew more nervous as he saw his husband's face fill with pain as he stood and he wanted nothing more than to get him to the hospital as quickly as possible.

Already Louis could see the kids nervously waiting by the door and he was grateful Alexis was actually able to get them together and ready to go.

After Louis and Harry very slowly and on Harry's end painfully made their way to the car Louis made sure he was at least somewhat comfortable before running to his side of the car and hopping in.

Louis could hear Rosie crying from the backseat, not knowing what was going on as her daddy sped out of the driveway, and as much as he wanted to calm the 4 year old down there were other pressing matters.

He reached into his pocket and pulled his phone out before passing it back to Alexis. "Al I need you to call you nana and grandma, and after them call you uncles, they're all in my contacts, just scroll through." Louis said as the 11 year old took his phone and he reached for Harry's hand, giving him something to squeeze in case he needed to.

Alexis didn't need to be told twice before looking through her dad's phone and doing as she was told.

"H say something so I know you're okay." Louis said quietly as he sped through the empty streets and glanced over at his husband.

But all Louis saw was the younger lad shaking his head as he bit his lip and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to hold in tears. And at further inspection Louis could see that Harry was still bleeding and his pants were already getting soaked.

Louis couldn't even keep track of everything that was running through his head, there were too many things going on at one time. Harry was in a tremendous amount of pain, and there was nothing he could do about it besides speed down the empty streets and get to the hospital as fast as possible. Rosie was crying in the backseat, and Cody was trying to comfort her but it was impossible to miss how the 8 year old's voice cracked as he tried to keep himself together and not cry. Alexis was calling their family and Louis hated that he was putting so much on the 11 year old, but right now it was Harry he had to focus on.

His husband tried to bite back his cries, he tried to muffle himself but it was clear to Louis just how much pain he was in, how much he was hurting. The younger lad was gripping his hand so tightly, as if it was his lifeline before letting out quiet cries and throwing his head back against the headrest, wanting all of the pain to go away. But most importantly for both Louis and Harry they were worried for the twins.