Chapter 38

Harry had his face hidden in his hands as quiet sobs escaped him. Around him he could hear both Alexis and Cody crying as they didn't know what was going on and why their daddy wasn't with them. But all Harry could do was sit in the hospital chair and wait until someone told him that Louis had woken up.

"P-p-papa." Alexis cried as she wanted to be in her father's arms and not her uncles.

Harry sniffled to himself and wiped his cheeks before picking his head up and reaching for his sobbing daughter who was crying into Liam's chest. She immediately wrapped her arms around him and only cried more as her father hugged her back.

"Give me Cody." Harry said quietly to Zayn who was trying his hardest to calm the 4 month old.

Zayn nodded and brought Cody over to Harry, making sure he had him secure in his free arm before slowly backing away, heartbroken as he saw the three Tomlinsons so torn up.

As soon as Harry had his son in his free arm he gently bounced him and kissed his head at the same time hugging Alexis with his other arm. "It's okay sweetheart... Daddy's going to be okay." He said quietly, not sure if he was trying to convince his daughter or himself.

"W-where d-d-daddy?" Alexis sobbed as she refused to release her grip from her father.

Harry let out a deep breath as he tried his hardest to contain himself and not break down in front of his kids. "I don't know love." He barely whispered as he rubbed Alexis' back, wanting her to calm down.

And if possible Alexis only began to cry more and tighten her grip on her father as she knew her daddy was hurt but didn't know where he was or if he was okay.

"Sweetheart I need you to calm down." Harry said soothing as he was able to quiet some of Cody's cries, now that he was in his father's arms.

"D-daddy hurt." Alexis cried into her papa's neck.

Harry bit his lips and let out a deep breath as he closed his eyes, willing his tears to stop. He had to be strong for his kids because right now they needed him.

"Al c'mere-"

"No aunt Gemma!!" Alexis yelled through her cries as her aunt tried to take her away from her papa.

"Alexis." Harry said as he pulled away slightly to look at her. "We need to calm down okay? Can you do that for me?" He asked quietly.

Alexis hiccuped a few times and wiped her cheeks with her little hand. "I t-try." She said as a few more tears escaped her.

"Thank you love." Harry said softly before kissing her head. "Can you sit on my lap I need to calm your brother down?"

Alexis nodded slightly and instead of standing on the seat she sat on her father's lap and hugged his side, burying her head in his chest. Harry kissed her one more time before he brought up Cody and tried to sooth his quiet crying that hadn't stopped. He kissed his head and put Cody's little hand to his throat so he could feel him say that everything was going to be okay.

All the while everyone had their eyes locked on the little family that was minus one trying to calm down. Harry had both of his kids securely in his arms, trying to sooth them both and keep himself together at the same time as no one had updated them with what was going on with Louis.

"Mr.Tomlinson?"

Harry perked his head up and saw a doctor coming towards him. He quickly stood up and got out of Alexis' grasp before passing Cody to Gemma and turning back to the older man. "Yes?" He asked nervously.

"You can go back and see him now." The doctor said.

Harry felt his heart nearly pound of his chest as he heard that, desperate to see his husband. "Is he awake?" He asked, scared for the answer.