Chapter 24

"Harry I'm heading out!" Louis yelled as he wrapped a blanket around Alexis once she was settled in her carrier.

"When're you getting back?" Harry asked as he walked into the living room.

"Maybe an hour or two. Zayn wanted me to go shopping with him for a bit to find Perrie a birthday gift." Louis said as he slipped his shoes and coat on before reaching for the diaper bag.

"Alright. Well are you sure you want to take Al? She can stay here with me." Harry offered.

"It's fine babe. Zayn wanted to see her anyway and you need to do homework."

Harry scoffed. "Okay mum." He teased.

Louis rolled his eyes fondly before he picked up Alexis' carrier and opened the door. "I'll text you when I'm on my way home, love you."

"Love you too, have fun." Harry said through a smile as he watched his boyfriend leave the flat.

Louis made quick work of getting Alexis, the diaper bag and double checking that the stroller was in the car before driving to Zayn's flat. When he got there Louis saw the younger lad already waiting outside for him.

"Hey mate." Louis said happily as Zayn hopped in the car.

"Hey." Zayn breathed out before he turned around and said a sweet 'hello' to Alexis. "How's it goin?" He asked as Louis pulled onto the road.

"Pretty good. Al's finally starting to sleep through the night and Harry's keepin busy with homework and helpin my mum plan her wedding." Louis said as he kept his eyes locked on the road.

Zayn laughed to himself as he nodded. "Haz must love that."

Louis scoffed. "You have no idea. I think he talks to me about the wedding more than my mum does."

"I'm sure he's just thinkin about his own dream wedding. Probably already thinking about the color scheme and what flowers and flavor cake he wants." Zayn said teasingly.

Louis nodded. "He wants the colors to be white and lavender and the cake to be chocolate with some type of cream frosting thing, I dunno." He said nonchalantly.

Zayn stopped his quiet laughter as he looked over at his best mate. "Wait... You haven't...?" He trailed off.

Louis glanced at Zayn and quickly shook his head. "No, no." He rushed out. "I wouldn't ask him without telling you guys." Louis said through a chuckle.

Zayn kept his eyes locked on Louis as he raised his eyebrows at him.

"What?" Louis asked as he saw Zayn looking at him surprised.

"Mate you're not actually thinking about asking him to marry you, are you?" Zayn asked in disbelief.

Louis glanced over at Zayn and let out a deep breath as he focused back on the road. "I've been thinking about asking him to marry since our one year anniversary." He said through a nervous chuckle. "But it's not time." Louis said quietly as he shook his head.

Zayn scoffed. "Damn right it's not time." He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Louis asked as he glanced over at his best mate and narrowed his eyes at him.

"Lou, you guys are just getting settled into your routine with Al, and school and footie and work, it'd be too much." Zayn said, not wanting Louis to get all defensive. "Plus you guys haven't been together for all that long."

Louis let out a frustrated breath as he clenched his jaw. "Zayn we've been together for 2 ½ years and if you haven't noticed theres a little person in the backseat and she happens to be our daughter." He said annoyed.