Chapter 71

"Hazza!!" Louis yelled up the stairs through a wide smile.

Harry perked his head up as he heard Louis call his name and he walked out of their bedroom and towards the stairs with furrowed eyebrows. "What?" He asked.

"Get Cody and Al down here, I have a surprise." Louis said happily.

Harry rolled his eyes at the older lad as of course he would have a surprise. "Gimme one sec, we'll meet you in the living room." He said as he chuckled to himself.

Louis grinned back up at his husband before skipping off to the living and preparing everything they needed. He knew what he had planned would definitely ease some of the tension that's been in the house lately, and he was hoping they could bring back some of the fun they've been missing.

"Alright Lou what -" Harry stopped himself as he and the kids walked into the living room, only to see about ten different kinds of nerf guns and what looked like a thousand bullets sitting on the couch. "Uhm... What?" He asked confused.

Louis held up his finger before passing his husband and daughter a pair of soundproof headphones and putting his own pair on. He motioned for Alexis and Harry to put them on and when they did there was nothing but pure confusion written on their faces.

Now that we're all here I can explain. Louis signed happily. So what these are are soundproof headphones and they make it so none of us can hear. He started to explain, but mostly wanted Cody to understand what they were, and he knew the 4 year old got it when he smiled slightly to himself. We're all going to pick a weapon, get some bullets and have a nerf war. It's going to be me and Alexis versus Cody and pop, and if you get hit you're out. You can go anywhere in the house but not outside.

Harry bit his lip as he looked down at Cody to see his reaction but when he saw his son nearly beaming he grew his own smile. So do we need to work together to get the other team out? He asked.

Louis nodded happily as he saw that his idea wasn't going to be shut down and motioned for Alexis and Cody to pick out their weapons of choice. And when he looked back to Harry he knew the younger lad was more than pleased with the idea.

Once they all picked out their own nerf guns, some of them being automatic and others being manual they separated into their teams and ran in opposite directions of the house. Of course as they ran though they were all a giggling mess and trying to figure out where to go to set up their base and make a game plan.

Harry seriously had no idea what he and Cody were going to do but apparently Cody had his own plan as he pulled on his hand and led them to his room. He quickly followed the 4 year old and was sure to keep a lookout of Louis and Alexis, knowing his husband was going to try to be as sneaky and as stealthy as possible.

Keep look out at the door. Cody signed quickly before running over to his closet.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows, not knowing what his son was doing but nodded anyway. He kept a look out, standing in the doorway and looking back and forth down the hall but when Cody tapped on his back he turned to look at him.

He almost let out a barking laugh as he saw his son with three more nerf guns and even more bullets. Harry should've remembered the guns he and Louis got him a while back but he didn't need to because Cody remembered for him.

You're a genius, you know that? Harry signed as he offered his son a small smile and took one of his extra guns.

Cody shrugged sheepishly to himself as he grinned back at his papa and adjusted his many guns over his shoulder.

The pair devised a plan, knowing Louis would try to be sneaky and act like a spy but they can use that to their advantage. They knew with him trying to be dramatic it would throw his game off so they had to be sneakier than the older lad.