Chapter 54

6 Months Later (April)

Harry fluttered his eyes open as a loud ringing was echoing through the room. It wasn't coming from the baby monitor and he knew it wasn't the fire alarm so that meant it could only be one thing.

Louis blindly reached for his bedside table and smacked it a couple times before he felt his phone in his hand. He squinted his eyes open and saw Zayn calling but when he looked to the clock it was 4:37 am, so if he was calling at this time it must be important, and if it wasn't he was definitely going to kill the younger lad.

"Hello?" He mumbled into the phone.

"Louis!!" Zayn screamed, making Louis' eyes shoot open.

He sat up and ran a hand over his face as he swung his legs over the bed. He stood up and shuffled out of the room and into the hall so he wouldn't disturb Harry. "What's up mate and it better be good." Louis said through a yawn.

"Come to the hospital!" Zayn yelled in the phone. "Perrie, she-she's in labor and I need you here!!"

Louis felt himself freeze as he looked around the pitch black hallway. "Mate I'll be there in less than 20 minutes." He said before nearly sprinting back into his and Harry's room.

Louis turned the light on, making Harry groan to himself from the bed. But that didn't stop Louis from rushing around the room and pulling clothes on.

"What're you doing?" Harry asked as he barely picked his head up from the pillow.

"Perrie's in labor." Louis said quickly as he ran around the room, in search of a sweatshirt and his keys.

"Wait what?" Harry asked, very suddenly awake. "Want me to wake the kids, what should I do?" He asked, more than ready to jump out of bed and spring into action.

Louis let out a deep breath and ran his fingers through his hair, not quite sure what they should do. "I don't know, um-  just when they wake up can you bring them over?" He asked as he began walking towards the door. "It'll take too long to get them ready and Zayn sounds more than panicked, like he's about to freak out."

"Yeah, okay." Harry said as he nodded to himself. "Just go over there babe, calm him down a bit."

Louis nodded to himself before walking over to the younger lad and pecking his lips quickly.

He waved goodbye to his husband one more time before jogging out the door and once he was down at the lobby he ran to his car. Louis roared the engine to life before speeding onto the road and racing to the hospital.

He couldn't believe that this was actually happening. Zayn has been freaking out for months and now that the time was here there was no way that the younger lad was calm in anyway.

Perrie and Zayn decorated Zayn's art room and changed it into a nursery. Unfortunately for Zayn having to put all of his art supplies and drum set in the much smaller room they had in their flat. It was too small to be a bedroom but was bigger than a closet.

Zayn was more into decorating the room than Perrie was. He redid the walls and painted it as if it was a tropical jungle. Complete with bubble animals, all smiling and happy. The entire room was jungle themed. The crib, the rocking chair, all the stuffed animals, and the bedding. Zayn went all out for the baby, setting everything up when Perrie was just 5 months pregnant. Louis could say that he had never seen the younger lad so happy.

Louis knew that his best mate was more than excited to finally be a father but right now there was no denying that Zayn was freaking out. So when he pulled up to the hospital he parked the car and sprinted to the entrance.