Chapter 62

Louis slowly made his way down the hallway and once he got to his bedroom door he slowly pushed it open and peaked his head inside. "Babe?" He said softly, wanting to see if Harry woke up or not yet. "H do you want to come have breakfast with us?"

He could hear the younger lad let out a deep breath before he sat up and tiredly rubbed his hands over his face.

"No, no I need to um... I need to get ready for work." Harry said quietly as he shook his head and swung his legs over the side of the bed.

"Well if you're tired just call Niall and have him stay a bit longer, you can go in later." Louis suggested as he walked fully into the room.

Harry shook his head again as he began to rummage through his dresser. "He and Gem have their doctors appointment, I need to go."

Louis bit his lip as he let out a quiet breath and followed his husband to the bathroom. "H you can't just escape to the cafe and-"

"I'm not escaping." Harry interrupted him. "Niall and Gemma have things to do and I need to be there, that's it."

"Alright, fine." Louis said quietly as he leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms over his chest. "Can you at least try to pretend that you're not miserable?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

Ever since Niall and Gemma told everyone that they were expecting two weeks ago Harry hasn't been himself in the slightest. He stays in bed, is quiet and keeps to himself unless he's with Alexis or Cody and seems as though he's just given up.

"Louis I'm upset. What, do you not want me to have feelings?" Harry asked with a touch of agitation in his voice as he pulled his shirt over his head and reached for his toothbrush.

"Of course I do, but you can least try to act like you're happy for your sister." Louis retorted back. "I get that you're sad, I get that you're hurt and I am too. But at least I'm happy that another one of our mates is lucky enough to have their first kid when we already have two."

Harry let out a quiet breath as he finished brushing his teeth and spit into the sink before wiping his mouth and turning to the older lad. "I am happy for them..." He said quietly. "But Louis we tried for over a year, well over a fucking year and nothing happened."

Louis bit his lip as he watched his husband run his fingers through his hair frustratedly. "I know love." He said softly as he walked towards the younger lad and rubbed his back gently.

Harry ran a hand over his face before pinching the bridge of his nose and shaking his head. "I need to get going, I um... I'll be late." He said as he shifted away from Louis and began to make his way out of the bathroom.

Louis watched as Harry walked out of the room and let out a deep breath before following him.

"Hey sweetheart I'm heading to work." Harry said as he walked into the kitchen and saw his kids sitting at the breakfast bar and coloring.

Alexis looked up at her papa before tapping on her brothers arm and pointing to their father. "When are you coming back?" She asked.

"I'll be home a little bit after lunch." Harry said before kissing his daughter's head and moving over to his son.

"Papa you go now?" Cody asked as he saw that his father had his shoes on and he figured he was kissing his sister goodbye.

Harry nodded and smiled softly at the 3 year old before kissing him all over his chubby face, making the toddler giggle to himself. As he pulled away he furrowed his eyebrows, noticing Cody felt a little warm. He gently put his hand to his son's head and bit his lip as he definitely felt a little warmer than usual.