Chapter 78

Harry scrunched his face up as he felt a little body climb on him and run a tiny hand down his face. "Rosie bug stop." He grumbled tiredly, unable to roll over as the 2 year old was laying on him.

"Papa." Rosie said quietly as she pat her father's hair, wanting him to wake up.

"Go to daddy." Harry said through a yawn, refusing to open his eyes.

"Stay on papa." Louis mumbled as he rolled over in bed.

"You're the one who let's her sleep in the bed, you can get up with her." Harry said as he lifted a giggling Rose off of him and passed her over to Louis.

Louis let out a quiet breath as he opened his arms and let Rosie climb on his chest, only for her to want to run her hands through his hair. "Why're you up so early munchkin?" He asked before leaning down and kissing the toddler's head.

"Daddy." Rosie said as she smiled to herself and jumped on her father's chest.

"That's me." Louis said through a small laugh as he rubbed the 2 year old's back.

He glanced over at Harry and saw the younger lad already fast asleep. Louis didn't blame him as this week was the kids' first week back to school and of course they've been busier than they've been in a while and Rosie feels the need to get into their bed at odd hours of the night. Louis never has the heart to tell her to go back to her own bed or to carry her there himself so the toddler has gotten pretty accustomed to sleeping in between her daddies.

"C'mon bug, let's get up." Louis said quietly as he slowly sat up with Rosie and started carrying her out of the room.

"Daddy pay." Rosie said as she wrapped her little arms around her father's neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

"We can play after we eat some breakfast. I think you and I should make a little something for papa, what do you think?" Louis asked with raised eyebrows, making the toddler nod excitedly.

Louis smiled down at Rosie and kissed her chubby cheeks, only for the 2 year old to giggle to herself and kiss her daddy's cheek back.

"So what's it with you getting out of bed at night, hm?" Louis asked as he put Rosie in her high chair and began sifting through the cabinets and pantry for something he could make.

"Lobe daddy papa!" Rosie cheered as she raised her little hands over her head and smiled at her daddy.

Louis chuckled to himself and nodded as he got the pancake mix out and brought it over to the counter. "We love you too bug, but we got you that big girl bed for your birthday so you could sleep in it."

"Like daddy papa bed." Rosie said as she nodded to herself and made grabby hands for the juice her daddy was getting for her.

Louis let out a quiet breath as at this point he knew that Rosie really needed to get back in the habit of sleeping in her own bed. When the toddler came into their room at night it was impossible not to miss the way Harry would quietly groan to himself, knowing they couldn't do anything that night and it's been going on for nearly three weeks at this point.

"Well tonight you're gonna sleep in your own bed, alright?" Louis asked as he started getting the pancake batter, eggs and sausage going on the stove.

"No." Rosie whined as she put her cup down and frowned at her daddy.

"Sweetheart it's time. You're a whole 2 years old now. You're a big girl and big girls sleep in their own beds, just ask Alexis, she'll tell you." Louis said as he looked at the toddler and raised his eyebrows at her.

Rosie was pouting to herself as she looked at her daddy and Louis knew she was sad but it had to be done. He really needed his bed and his husband to himself for a little while, no matter how cute his daughter was.