Chapter 59

Louis had his eyebrows furrowed and his tongue pressed between his lips as he scrolled through his phone. He couldn't help but see what people were saying about him as he hadn't been with his team for two weeks. There were a lot of people asking where he was, what he was doing and what was going on in his mentions, but he had decided to not be active for a while.

"Babe c'mon get off that." Harry said as he walked up behind the older lad and saw him scrolling through Twitter.

"Just checking it." Louis muttered as his husband took a seat next to him and he wrapped an arm around the younger lad. He tossed his phone onto the other side of the couch before turning to Harry and smiling at him. "Cody get put down easy enough?"

Harry shrugged as he laughed to himself. "If you call whining and trying to get out of his crib for 10 minutes easy."

"How'd you get him to stop?" Louis asked as he nuzzled his nose into Harry's curls.

"I told him he couldn't go over to Zayn's tomorrow if he kept it up." Harry said, getting comfortable on the couch and stretching his legs out on the coffee table.

Louis let out a quiet chuckle as he looked at his husband. "I'm sure that shut him up."

Harry hummed and nodded to himself, thinking of how as soon as he told Cody that if he didn't calm down and take his nap then he wasn't going to be able to go to uncle Zayn's. The 2 year old had looked at him with wide eyes before quickly nodding and getting comfortable in his crib with his blankets and stuffed animals.

"How was your appointment? I'm sorry I couldn't go." He said quietly as he looked at the older lad.

"It's fine babe, it's not like we could bring Cody." Louis said as he shook his head. "And it was um, it was good."

"And what was good about it?" Harry asked through a small smile.

Louis pursed his lips as he thought about it. "I dunno it was just..." He trailed off as he moved his hands, unable to find the right words. "We talked about football and how he always pushed me and things like that." He settled on.

"Alright that's good." Harry said as he nodded to himself, knowing that day by day and with each session the older lad was getting better, but there was still one thing that he couldn't overcome. "Did you talk to him about how you're not sleeping very well?" He asked.

"It's not that I'm not sleeping well I just have bad dreams." Louis said quietly.

"And that makes you not sleep well." Harry said as he looked at his husband with raised eyebrows, knowing that he knew that. "You should've told him."

"Well I'm talking to you, doesn't that count?" Louis asked with the smallest hopeful grin he could muster.

Harry pursed his lips as he wasn't so sure about that. Yeah it was good for Louis to talk about it in general but he wasn't a professional who could actually help the older lad. "Maybe." He breathed out. "But babe you look exhausted... I don't know if it's the dirty homeless look you got goin on or what, but you look like you could use a week of sleep."

Louis ran a hand over his cheek, and yeah he may have not shaved in over two weeks and he had quite the beard but he was sure he didn't look homeless. "Well I don't feel tired." He huffed.

Harry let out a small breath as he ran his fingers through his hair and looked at the older lad softly. He knew he wasn't going to get anywhere with him but maybe later he could call his mum and ask if there was something Louis could do to sleep better. "Can I ask you something?" He asked quietly as he thought about something that's been bothering him.

"Of course." Louis said like that was a stupid question.

Harry bit his lip and scratched the back of his head as he didn't know if Louis would get upset over what he was about to ask. "Why haven't you ever talked to me about your dad..? I mean when we were dating or even when he showed up that one time."