Chapter 23

Louis was walking through the grocery story with Alexis balanced in one arm as he pushed the cart with the other. In his arms Alexis was gurgling, making random noises as Louis picked up some juice.

"What're you tryin to say baby girl?" Louis asked as he smiled down at his daughter.

At this point Alexis was only three months old but she was constantly making little noises, and every time she did it made Louis' heart melt.

"Let's see do you think papa will want apple juice or orange juice?" He asked Alexis even though he knew she wouldn't answer. "Apple juice, I was thinking the same thing."

Louis carefully bent down and picked up the apple juice as he balanced Alexis in his arm. He knew that if he tried to put her back in her carrier she would just start crying, but it's not like Louis disliked holding her.

Louis picked up Alexis as she began to squirm in his arm and held her above his head, making funny faces at her so she would smile. He heard a couple of quick flashing noises as Alexis grinned back at him before he kissed his daughter and got her situated in his arm again. When he looked up he saw two teenage girls looking over at him with their phones out. He decided to just ignore them, it's not like he was doing anything exciting.

He moved through the store easily getting everything Harry had put down on the list. Except one thing he just couldn't find. So Louis put Alexis in her carrier, only having her whine for a second before he pulled out her pacifier and gave it to her. Once she was settled Louis pulled out his phone and called his boyfriend.

"Hey babe what's up?" Harry asked as he picked up the phone.

"Hey, whats cotija?" Louis asked as he squinted at the piece of paper Harry wrote on.

"It's a type of cheese." Harry said through a chuckle.

Louis furrowed his eyebrows. "Why can't I just get cheddar?" He asked confused.

"Lou you do know that not all cheeses taste the same right?"

Louis huffed as he heard Harry laughing into the phone. "Yes Harold I am very aware of the multitude of cheeses." He said.

"So then you must know that not all cheeses taste the same?" Harry asked teasingly.

"Harry this cheese you want isn't even here. The grocery store doesn't even know what this cheese is, how am I supposed to know what it is?!" Louis said into the phone as he scanned the cheese section.

"Really? They don't have or are you just not looking hard enough?" Harry asked as he shuffled on the other line.

Louis grumbled to himself as he actually tried to look at the cheeses and not just skim over them. He raised his eyebrows as he saw it and let out a deep breath as he picked it up. "Found it." He mumbled.

"Uh-huh that's what I thought." Harry said through a light laugh. "Were you able to get everything else?"

"Yeah, I'm done." Louis said as he pushed the cart towards the checkout.

"Good." Harry said happily. "I'll see you when you get home then, love you both."

"I love you too, and don't worry I'll tell Al. See you when I get home." Louis said through a chuckle before hanging up and shoving his phone back in his pocket. "You hear that babygirl papa loves us." He said through a chuckle before leaning down into the carrier and kissing his daughter's forehead.

When Louis emptied everything from the cart he does what he usually does and browsed through the magazines, but his eye caught something. It was him on the cover a sports magazine kicking a ball. Louis furrowed his eyebrows before picking up the magazine and putting it with the rest of his purchases, wanting to see what was inside.