Chapter 49

"Lou... H-how did you do this?" Harry asked shakily.

In front of him he saw a small beach, but that wasn't what caught his eye. Harry's breath was taken away as he saw a blanket, picnic basket and small unlit fire pit set up. The sun was setting over the water, giving the sky a light pink and yellow color that looked too beautiful to be real.

He couldn't even believe it. Louis would constantly tease him about how love and relationships could never really be like the movies, but here he was proving his own point wrong. This was a perfect movie moment, and just at the thought that Louis would do all of this for him made his chest feel heavy.

"I may have made a couple calls." Louis said quietly through a small smile.

Harry looked at his husband in disbelief before pulling the older lad into his chest and engulfing him in a hug. "You sap." He mumbled against Louis' neck.

A slow smile crept onto Louis face as he pulled Harry just that much closer and letting out a content breath. "Only for you." He barely whispered.

Harry grinned to himself before kissing the older lad's neck and slowly pulling away. "I'm hoping there's actual food in that basket." He said through a chuckle.

"Harry please do you know me at all? Of course it's empty." Louis scoffed as he grabbed the younger lad's hand and led him to the blanket. "I just put it there for show."

"Shut up." Harry mumbled through a smile.

Louis chuckled at him before kicking off his sandals at the edge of the blanket and pulling the younger lad down.

Harry let out a surprised squeak when Louis pulled his arm, making him tumble on top of the older lad who was just laughing to himself.

"Klutz." Louis breathed out as his husband was crushing his lungs.

Harry looked at him wide eyed before letting out a loud laugh. "You pulled me down!"

"Whatever, get off me you giant." Louis said through a smile that he was trying to hide as he pushed Harry off and next to him on the blanket.

Harry chuckled quietly to himself as he was laying down on the blanket and looked up at the setting sky, letting out a content breath. He allowed the sounds of the waves to wash over the sand and he couldn't remember the last time he felt so relaxed and at peace.

"I love you." He barely whispered through a faint smile as he kept his eyes on the sky.

Louis turned his head from where he was resting it on the blanket and grinned softly at the younger lad before rolling onto his side and hovering over his husband. "I love you too." He said quietly before slowly leaning down and connecting their lips gently.

Harry hummed to himself as Louis kissed him and he couldn't help but let his smile grow because he missed this. He missed simple touches and feeling his husband's gentle breath on his skin. Nothing could ever be compared to how he felt in this moment. It seemed as though he's been waiting to feel his husband's lips on his for forever and even when he imagined it it never felt this good.

"We should probably eat before it gets cold." Louis mumbled against the younger lad's lips before pecking him one more time and sitting up.

"Oh so there is food?" Harry asked through a chuckle as he sat up with his husband.

Louis hummed and nodded to himself as he opened the picnic basket and pulled out two containers. "And not just any food." He said through a small smirk.

Harry raised his eyebrows at the older lad before taking the container he was being passed and opening it. "What's so special about it?" He asked confused.