Chapter 72

Harry placed his hand on the small of Louis' back as he led him through door, trying to guide him in the right direction. "There she is love." He said as he nodded to a booth just a few feet away from them.

Louis nodded and shifted Cody on his hip before heading over to booth. "Hi, Mrs.Ryan?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

The older woman nodded and smiled at the pair before standing up and offering them her hand. "That would be me." She said happily. "And can I say it's an honor to meet you Mr. Tomlinson, my kids are big fans, as is my husband."

"It's great to meet you too, and please call me Louis. Thank you for meeting us here and everything, we appreciate it." Louis said through his own grin as he released her hand.

"Of course, it's no problem I come here all the time." Mrs. Ryan said as she shook Harry's hand. "My family is a fan of your husband but to be honest I'm a fan of you, you're cafe is amazing." She said as she looked around.

"Oh, thank you." Harry said sheepishly as he dropped their hands.

"I'm Cody." Cody chipped in as he saw that everyone was doing introductions.

Mrs. Ryan smiled to herself as she looked down at the little boy and knelt to his height. Hi Cody, it's nice to finally meet you.

Cody's eyes went wide as he looked at the woman in front of him before looking up to his daddy and tugging on his shirt. "Daddy she can't hear too." He said quietly.

She can hear buddy, she just knows you can't. Louis signed as he chuckled to himself. This is Mrs. Ryan and when you go to school she's going to help you out a little bit.

Cody nodded before looking back to the older woman and smiling at her. "Good to meet you too." He said sheepishly.

Harry rolled his eyes fondly at his son before motioning for everyone to take a seat in the booth and once they were all situated it was Mrs. Ryan to speak up first.

"You were right, his speech is incredible. Does he still go to therapy?" She asked and signed, so Cody knew what they were talking about.

"We're slowly not going as often and when it's time for school to start we thought it would be best to stop going." Louis said and signed as well. "We asked Cody how he felt about it and he didn't have a problem with it, which made us happy because we're so busy and with him going to school it would've been hectic."

Mrs. Ryan nodded as she looked between the three boys and smiled at them. "Well I don't know what the school told you but for Cody I'll just be interpreting. And of course if he has questions I'll be right there but the principal did mention you guys wanted him to have some indepence."

"Yeah we talked about someone being there just in case but not really hovering over him." Harry said as he nodded to himself.

"That's no problem, as I said I'll just be interpreting." Mrs. Ryan said happily. "Would you mind if Cody and I get to know each other a little better?"

"Of course that's fine. We'll just leave you two to talk then." Louis said through a small smile before tapping Cody's arm. You and Mrs. Ryan are going to talk for a little bit okay? Pop and I are just going to be at the bar. He signed.

Cody nodded and got off his daddy's lap to let him and his father slide out of the booth. He watched as his daddies walked over to the bar and he bit his lip before climbing back in the booth and looking to the older woman.

"What do you think?" Harry asked as he walked behind the bar and pulled out two tea packets for him and Louis.

"She seems lovely." Louis said as Sam placed a plate of cookies in front of him. This is why he always loves coming to the cafe because by now everyone knows that when he's in there to get him two things. Cookies and tea.