Chapter 91

2 Years Later

"Dad I'm not so sure about this."

Louis looked up from from where he was tying his shoes and saw his son biting his lip nervously. Seriously buddy, you're over thinking this. He signed as he shook his head. And besides, I'm right here, I promise I won't let you fall.

Cody let out a quiet huff, looking down at the skateboard in his hand. "I'm more worried about getting hit by a car than anything." He muttered.

Why would that be your worry? Louis asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Cody rolled his eyes, pointing to his ear and hoping that would explain everything to his dad.

Cody cars are gonna see you. And just cause you can't hear them that doesn't mean you won't see them. Seriously you're acting like your pop. Louis teased as he stood up and stepped on the edge of his own skateboard, making it stand up so he could grab it.

"Shut up." Cody grumbled through a small smile. "He is the one who made me wear like 10 layers of protective gear though." He said as he looked down and already felt himself sweltering under his knee pads, elbow pads, helmet and sweatshirt his pop had him wear just in case, even though it was the middle of August.

You know how he is, he's just looking out for you. Louis signed, but he couldn't help but let out a small huff as he did so.

Over the past couple years if possible Harry has been more protective over Cody. Louis knew it had a lot to do with how people treat him. When Cody would come home with hope that he had made a new friend because someone in his class had talked to him, but the next day the pair would hear him crying in his room because this so called friend didn't want to put up with him anymore. And every time this happened Harry only started hovering over the 11 year old more and more.

Louis knew it was just so Cody wouldn't get hurt, and he agrees with Harry thats it's hard to see their son go through this, but to do everything for him and try to keep him under a rock just so he wouldn't get hurt was a bit much.

"So you ready?" Cody asked as he shifted the skateboard in his arms. "And can I please take this stuff off? I'm boiling." He groaned as he tugged at his sweatshirt.

Louis let out a quiet breath but nodded at his son anyway as he glanced back towards the house. We just have to make sure pop doesn't see you. But you need to keep the helmet on.

Cody let out a relieved breath before pulling off his elbow and knee pads, along with his sweatshirt.

Alright, so I haven't done this in about 15 years so bare with me. Louis signed as he laughed to himself and placed his skateboard down on the pavement.

"If only I had a videocamera." Cody muttered through a small smile as he watched his dad get on his skateboard.

Hey c'mon, your old man really had some moves back in the day. Louis signed as he steadied one foot on his skateboard and pushed off the pavement with the other, making him move forward. Oh yeah look at me go! Louis signed and said excitedly as he began skating around the his son all over the empty road.

"Congrats dad, you're moving." Cody said in a monotone voice, but it was impossible to miss his teasing smirk.

Alright you little punk, you try. Louis signed challengingly.

And Cody immediately regretted what he said as he looked down to his own skateboard and felt his jaw go slack. "W-well I mean, this wheel on here looks a bit wobbly, I should probably tighten it before I get on." He said as he bit his lip and tried to ignore his laughing father.