Chapter 36

Not even ten minutes after Louis and Harry had found out that Cody was deaf did all of their family and friends barge into the room.

"Harry!" Niall yelled as he ran into the room before everyone else came in. "Are you okay?! Is the baby okay?!" He asked frantically as he looked around for their newborn son.

"Sweetheart are you alright? Where's the baby?" Anne asked worriedly as she came in after Niall.

"He's uh, with a doctor right now." Harry said quietly as he pulled Alexis to his side as she sat on the bed with him.

"Is he okay? Like did the crash hurt him?" Gemma asked as she walked over to her brothers bedside.

Harry bit his lip and looked at all of his family and friends that were in the room. He didn't know how to explain this. How could he tell all of them that he is the cause of his son's deafness? How could he explain that he had permanently done harm to Cody?

"Guys... Guys!" Louis said loudly, wanting to get them all to quiet down as they were firing questions at them.

The room suddenly went quiet and they looked to Louis worriedly, thinking something was terribly wrong with the newborn baby.

Louis looked to Harry and saw the younger lad staring at his lap and he couldn't even imagine how hard this must be for him. "Listen everyone... Just..." He said before combing his fingers through his hair and letting out a deep breath. "Cody he... Well he's deaf." Louis said quietly as he looked up at his family and friends.

Harry closed his eyes and let out a deep breath as he threw his head back against the pillow. He tried to will back his tears as he thought about how this was all his fault, and everyone in the room would know it was too.

There were a couple gasps and everyone in the room turned to look at Harry.

"Sweetheart..." Anne said quietly as she walked over to her son and wrapped her arms around him gently.

"I'm sorry." Harry barely whispered as he already felt tears come to his eyes.

"No, no love, you didn't do anything wrong." Anne tried to soothe him as she knew that Harry would blame himself forever for this. "It's okay... He's still loved all the same, it's alright."

Louis looked around the room and saw everyone either looking at him or Harry sadly. His mum looked like she wanted to cry as she looked at him, thinking about how hard this is going to be on him and Harry. But his mates and their girlfriends were more worried than anything as they looked at Harry.

Louis turned to his husband and looked at him with a small frown as he saw how much guilt Harry had over this. "I'm really sorry, but can I talk to Harry for a second?" He asked as he looked at everyone.

Almost everyone in the room was still processing what they were just told but nevertheless they still nodded and began to slowly shuffle out of the room.

"Al, c'mere love." Zayn said as he picked up his niece from the bed and pulled her into his chest.

Anne was the last to leave as she saw everyone leaving the room. She didn't know what Louis was going to say, or how he was going to try and convince Harry that none of this was his fault. But she hoped that he would help her son somehow.

"Harry..." Louis said quietly as he sat on the bed and everyone had left the room. "Talk to me love."

"Louis I love him..." Harry said through soft tears as he looked to his lap. "I love him so much, so much that my heart feels like it's swelling and is about to explode any second." He said as steady tears were streaming down his face. "But I hurt him... I-I made it so he can't hear. This is all my fault. I'm stupid, so stupid." Harry said angrily as he combed his fingers through his hair and his eyes stung from how much he was crying.