Chapter 35

"Daddy wake up." Alexis said as she pat her father's shoulder as he was sleeping on the couch.

Louis fluttered his eyes open and saw his daughter looking back at him tiredly as she clutched her blanket in her right hand. "You just wake up love?" He asked as he picked her up and placed her on his chest.

Alexis nodded as she sat on her daddy's chest and rubbed her little fist over her sleepy eyes. "Why daddy sleepy?" She asked.

"Because papa wanted some french fries and gravy at 4 in the morning and then a certain little girl got up at 6." Louis said through a quiet chuckle as he poked his daughter's belly, making her giggle to herself.

Alexis furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her father confused. "Why did papa want that?" She asked.

Louis smiled to himself as Alexis was really getting better with her speech and was starting to make full sentences. "Papa eats some gross things sometimes when he's having a baby." He said as he made a disgusted face, trying to get his daughter to laugh again and of course she did. "But I didn't get much sleep last night so I thought I could take a nap when you did."

"We take a nap together." Alexis said through a giggle. "When does papa come home?" She asked.

Louis brought up his arm and glanced at his watch. "In about 10 minutes love. Why are you tired of me?" He asked jokingly.

Alexis quickly shook her head as she loved spending the mornings and afternoons with her daddy as her papa was at work, and then later spending time with her papa while her daddy was at practice. "Never." She said very seriously. "Does papa bring baby to work?"

"Papa does bring baby to work." Louis said as he nodded to himself. "But soon papa is going to spend the day with us before I go to practice because your brother is coming soon." He said happily.

"Really?!" Alexis asked excitedly.

"Really really." Louis said through a chuckle. "Your brother is gonna be here in about a month." He said.

Originally if Louis had it his way he would have had Harry off his feet and taking off from work a month ago. But of course Harry being his stubborn self and not wanting to give up work just yet he decided to keep going. Just last week had he actually decided that his feet and back hurt too much after his shift to stop going to work a month before their scheduled c-section.

Alexis smiled happily to herself as she felt like she was waiting for forever for her brother to come. "I want him here now." She huffed.

Louis laughed at his daughter before rubbing her back and nodding his agreement. "Me too bug. But he'll be here soon. That's why we have all of those clothes and little diapers in your room."

"Where is baby gonna sleep?" Alexis asked with furrowed eyebrows.

Louis let out a deep breath as that was something he and Harry were struggling with. "I think he's gonna sleep in mine and your papa's room for a little while." He said quietly.

Louis had brought up to Harry about needing to move into a bigger flat. They just didn't have room for the four of them as they were already starting to get cramped with just the three of them. But for some reason Harry wanted to hold it off for a little bit, and Louis had no idea why.

"Can I sleep with you and papa too?" Alexis asked hopefully.

"You are gonna sleep in your own bed love. Your papa and I got you that new big girl bed so we expect you to sleep in it." Louis said through a chuckle.

Alexis huffed as she shifted herself on top of her father's chest. "But why does baby sleep in your room?" She asked.

"Because he's a baby and he's going to need a little more attention than you sweetheart." Louis said softly, already preparing himself for when Alexis will get jealous of her brother, because he knew it was bound to happen. "But hopefully sooner rather than later he'll have his own room."