71

Chapter 71

    When Xu Shicheng ran out, he didn't bring anything except his mobile phone.

    With cheeks that were red and swollen to different degrees on both sides, he ran a long distance, and he didn't think of anything until the passer-by who passed him gave him a surprised look.

    Turning around, he looked at the glass door of the cake shop next to him.

    He could vaguely see what kind of miserable appearance he had now.

    He hurried to a nearby pharmacy, bought himself a mask and medicine for his face, then avoided others and found a hotel nearby.

    But he didn't bring his ID card with him, so the hotel wouldn't let him stay.

    Later, I called the driver and got a room with the driver's ID card.

    Then, he hurriedly let the driver leave.

    It's just that he was quickly approached by Su Jia's lawyer and called.

    Hearing the lawyer's cold words on the phone, he realized how long Su Jia had been preparing for this day.

    It's because he understood it too late, and it's also because Su Jia pretended too well.

    The other party explained the situation bit by bit. In fact, what Su Jia told him just now was not exaggerated.

    More than ten years ago, he took a large sum of money from Su Jia, cheated again, and had an illegitimate child outside.

    He doesn't have much private property. In order to let his love and son outside live a high-quality life, he did secretly embezzle a few assets from the company.

    He thought no one would find out about these things.

    He underestimated Su Jia too much.

    Su Jia is so ruthless that she doesn't care about the relationship between husband and wife for so many years. Xu Shicheng thought bitterly.

    But after talking with Su Jia's lawyer on the phone, he didn't want to surrender.

    The Xu family has been entrenched in City A for so long, and there are still some connections that should be there. He immediately called some people who were standing behind him.

    He knew that even if those people didn't have much contact with him now, they would help him for the sake of his dead father.

    It's just that he didn't expect that after he called and explained the situation, the other party hung up without saying a word.

    Xu Shicheng didn't know, it was all because of his getting close to Cheng Zihang at the banquet, which was the result.

    After struggling for a long time, without the support behind him, he still had no choice but to hand over his large fortune in exchange for those evidences with Su Jia.

    He understood that if he went in, these properties would also be taken away by Su Jia, so it would be better to cut off his tail to survive.

    Xu Shicheng is selfish and shrewd. He knows better than anyone how to choose the right path.

    But it was also because of this that Su Jia easily took what was in his hand and transferred it to Xu Luofei.

    After the assets were transferred, Xu Shicheng was not in a panic.