Chapter 22 Fate

When Xue Qingling woke up again, the sky was already dark, his body was still limp, but the heat on his forehead had subsided a lot, because he was sweating profusely, and under the service of Xiao Gentian, he changed into a new set of clean white clothes. Underwear, after changing his clothes, he ate another bowl of lean meat porridge after not eating for a long time.

Because of the bitterness in the mouth, this bowl of porridge was also tasteless.

Sitting on the low stool next to the bed, Xiao Geng took out two bottles of pills, poured a total of three pills into the palm of his hand, and then fed them to Xue Qingling, "Young master, these are the pills made by Dr. Pei. Dr. Pei told me, After you drink the porridge, take two of this Shufeng Pill and one of Ningsou Pill..."

Xue Qingling heard that the pill was made by Pei Shu himself, so he was not in a hurry to eat the pill that was brought to his mouth. He snatched two bottles of medicine in his hand, and three pills in the palm of the other party, put the small medicine bottle beside the pillow, and fiddled with the three dark brown pills in the palm of his hand.

The little Gentleman beside him was holding a bowl of warm water, his eyes rolled when he saw this, and he said, "My lord, you don't want to take the pill that Dr. Pei made is too ugly, do you?" "Little Gentleman

, What are you talking about, how ugly are the pills made by Dr. Pei?" Xue Qingling looked down at the pills in his palm, the three round pills were a little uneven on the surface, but it was not ugly.

Xue Qingling can also rub pills. Although he is not skilled in medicine, he is still quite picky in some aspects. The pills he makes are round like pearls. It can be said that they are round and smooth, pleasing to the eye, not like pills, but more like pills. sugar pill.

And Dr. Pei is obviously a practical person, as long as the effect of the medicine is achieved, he doesn't pay much attention to the appearance.

Xue Qingling: "..."

In the past, he and Xiao Geng really disliked the ugly pills of several medical clinics.

Xue Qingling swallowed the pills in her hand one by one, took the warm water in Xiaojiao's hand, raised her head and took a sip, then retracted into the quilt again, picked up a bottle of small pills beside the pillow, and shook it by her ear Shaking it, I heard the crisp sound of the pills inside colliding with the body of the bottle.

Xiao Jia hesitated to speak: "Young master, if you shake the pill into pieces..."

Xue Qingling's hands froze, so he could only obediently put the medicine bottle on the side of his neck, while pinching his quilt corners , Wrap yourself in a warm blanket with the small medicine bottle.

Seeing that his son had taken the medicine, Xiao Geng went to find Pei Shu.

Seeing Dr. Pei, Xue Qingling subconsciously stuffed the small medicine bottle on the side of her neck under the pillow.

Pei Shu took his pulse, gave him a few more needles, and asked, "How is it?"

"It's much better than before." Xue Qingling's voice recovered, but with a heavier tone Nasal, it sounds like whispering, soft and delicate.

Pei Shu nodded when she heard the words, lowered her eyes slightly, sterilized the silver needles, and put them back into the acupuncture bag.

Xue Qingling was lying on her side, with half of her face pressed against the pillow, her eyes peeking up at the people next to her. At this time, a dim candle was lit in the room, and the candle light shone on Dr. Pei's body. His whole body was glowing with a delicate and gentle light. It seems that there are also candles beating.

He looked at it, couldn't help rubbing against the pillow a few times, reached under the pillow with one hand, touched the bulging belly of the small medicine bottle, and tried hard to suppress the smile on the corner of his mouth.

After Pei Shu packed up his things, he planned to leave. Seeing him getting up to leave, Xue Qingling couldn't bear to give up, so he quickly stopped him, "Well...do not leave, Doctor Pei, you...help me bring that food box OK......"

Pei Shu turned his head and looked at the place pointed by the other party. There was a "big" food box made of rosewood on a shelf? He was a little puzzled, and walked slowly to the side of the food box. Pei Shu picked it up casually, and found that the food box was indeed worthy of its appearance, and it was very important. Of course, this weight was nothing to Pei Shu.

He carried the "big" food box to Xue Qingling's side, and put the food box on the edge of the bed.

Seeing that he brought the food box over, Xue Qingling showed a bright smile. Although he himself smiled sweetly, but coupled with his sickly face and pale as paper complexion, his smile looked like Kind of like a forced smile.

"Doctor Pei, these are pastries brought back by Qingling when she went to the city to run errands today. There are new patterns developed by Master Chen in them. I thought I could try something new, but I didn't expect to be ill... I'm sorry for these pastries. I can't eat it anymore, I saw that Dr. Pei also likes the cakes of Heluozhai yesterday, how about... Doctor Pei, help me eat."

Pei Shu showed hesitation.

Xue Qingling glanced at him, and hurriedly continued: "These pastries won't last long, and I eat them freshest today. Anyway, I have no taste in my mouth. I must not be able to taste the exquisite craftsmanship of Master Chen. Qingling feels very regretful. Doctor Pei, can you taste it for me, and then describe the taste to me, so that you can satisfy your hunger?"

Pei Shu glanced at the person on the bed, and saw that the person was lying there weakly, his palm-sized face was pale and bloodless, and his temples There is a kind of faded white on the side, the hair on the forehead is stained with cold sweat, it is darker than before, the pair of light-colored eyes under the red cinnabar are full of water, full of expectations, let Pei Shu, who originally wanted to refuse, changed his mouth, suppressed the word "no" on his mouthpiece, and said, "yes." Seeing that he agreed,

Xue Qingling's heartbeat accelerated rapidly, and she couldn't help being happy in her heart. He quickly tightened the quilt, squirmed in it, held a medicine bottle in his hand, and suppressed the uncontrollable restlessness.

Pei Shu sat down by the bed, put the food box on another small stool and opened it. The super-large food box was filled with layers of exquisite snacks. You can find seven or eight kinds of snacks with a little glance, because Hearing Xue Qingling's words, Pei Shu chose a plum blossom-shaped snack that he hadn't seen before, smelling the quiet sweet fragrance, he lowered his head and took a bite.

Xue Qingling held the medicine bottle tightly, and asked: "How is it?"

Pei Shu tasted it carefully for a while, and finally praised: "Sweet and soft, with a good taste, and there is a faint fragrance of plum blossom in it."

Xue Qingling smiled, he was secretly happy for a while, and slightly raised his head to see Dr. Pei tasting the cakes in front of him. Xue Qingling always thought that the other person looked very good-looking when he was eating. Although he ate... a lot, when he was eating, The unhurried appearance looks exceptionally organized, with a unique aesthetic feeling.

Not to mention that Dr. Pei himself has an out-of-the-ordinary temperament, and his every move has a kind of elegant ink and wash atmosphere.

Even if he watched the other party eat all the pastries in this big food box, he couldn't get tired of it.

Pei Shu chewed the soft pastry in his mouth, but unexpectedly felt inexplicable, as if something was stuck in his throat, he didn't have much appetite, and he couldn't taste the taste of the pastry in his mouth, but he was surprised He felt that the taste of pastries in his mouth was very delicious, better than the countless desserts he had eaten before, but he couldn't taste how delicious it was... All in all, it was a feeling he couldn't describe.

So he turned his face slightly to avoid the scorching eyes beside him, but he didn't look at the other party, but felt that the other party was like a big furnace that could not be ignored. After Pei Shu swallowed the pastry in his mouth, he turned his gaze again The focus fell on Xue Qingling.

He found that the other party was not looking at him at this time, but glanced at the flute on his waist.

Pei Shu also followed the other party's line of sight and landed on the white jade-colored bamboo flute. His heart moved, he untied the flute from his waist, and said to Xue Qingling, "Speaking of which, this flute has some fate with you."

"Huh?" Xue Qingling opened her eyes wide curiously.

"This flute is made of a special kind of Qingling bamboo that grows in the ice cave. Qingling bamboo... Qingling, is it a coincidence?" Xue Qingling blinked, a little unbelievable: "

Qingling bamboo... Bamboo?"

Very similar to his name.

Pei Shu handed the flute in front of the other party, Xue Qingling took the delicate flute in the other party's hand, the flute was cold to the touch, but it was a kind of cold that made people feel very comfortable, like cold jade, Xue Qingling couldn't put it down Touching the rim of the flute, his white fingers slid across the hole, and finally carefully returned it to Pei Shu in front of him.

Two small dimples on his face were looming.

The flute that Dr. Pei carries is made of a kind of bamboo called Qingling. This fact makes Xue Qingling feel a strange joy.

It's like a fate destined by God.

"Doctor Pei, I see you carrying a flute with you every day. I've never seen you play a song. Why don't you play a song for Qing Ling today?" very thick.

Pei Shu wiped his fingers with a handkerchief, glanced at the person on the bed with downcast eyes, then nodded, with a calm tone, and uttered two words: "It's okay." Today I ate the pastry from the young master of the Xue family

. Might as well play a song for him.

Pei Shu picked up the flute in his hand, put it in a good posture, and played the melodious sound of the flute with his thin lips. He didn't play any famous tunes. Pei Shu's temperament is extremely high, and his fingering is skillful and sublime. The sound of the flute follows the master's thoughts. .

In such a night, the surroundings are extremely quiet, and the chirping of insects and birds has stopped, only the sound of the flute that seems to come from the long wilderness can be heard. Fiddled with, Xue Qingling closed her eyes, immersed in the sound of the flute.

Although he doesn't know how to play the flute, he can understand the sound of the flute.

After the song was played, Pei Shu put down his flute. At this time, he was a little more elegant, and asked Xue Qingling: "What did you see?" Xue Qingling who was lying on the

bed opened her eyes firmly, and the corners of her mouth pulled a bit, her lips became even paler. , the tone seems to be whispering: "What did you see? I saw a lot of scenery, it seemed that there was an endless valley full of flowers and plants, there was a sunset that seemed to sprinkle gold all over the sky, the sound of returning crows was seen on the boating river, and there was a desolate The desert, the moon above the head is round and big, it is unbelievably bright, and... I can't remember clearly, but I always think these pictures are extremely beautiful."

Pei Shu smiled when he heard this, nodded, and stood up Said: "Okay, I should go too, young master Xue, let's have a good rest."

Xue Qingling bit his lips, watching Pei Shu leave until the other party disappeared into the room, he closed his eyes, only feeling empty In the room, the sound of the flute just heard is still echoing. The sound of the flute is undoubtedly extremely beautiful, but it is also extremely lonely. The world is vast, and there is only one person, and there is no room for the existence of another person in the vast wilderness.

"I will leave Fuyang tomorrow."

"Where to? I don't know. I'm just a doctor in the rivers and lakes. I can go wherever I want." "

There is no reason. My heart's wish is to travel around the world and see all the mountains and rivers in the world. ."

...

Suddenly, Xue Qingling's thoughts were in a mess, and various chaotic pictures flashed before his eyes. He opened his eyes, and inadvertently saw a corner of the room, and suddenly felt cold all over his body.

I saw a few peach blossom branches inserted on the white jade bottle in the corner, and now the petals on the branches have fallen to the ground, only the lonely dead branches are still there.

Xue Qingling closed his eyes, buried his face in the soft pillow, and the corners of his eyes were hot. At this moment, he suddenly understood...

Some people and things cannot be kept after all.