Chapter 49 The Spatula

"Ling'er." Liu Yuzhi murmured the other party's name. When she saw Xue Qingling's red and swollen eye sockets, she suddenly felt as if she was being pricked by a needle. The needle also hurt her eyes.

Liu Yuzhi's heart was sour, and her mouth was so bitter, she walked to Xue Qingling's side, gently took his hand, raised the other hand, and gently wiped away the tears on the other's cheek with her fingers.

She pulled Xue Qingling to sit down in front of the soft bed, and gently stroked the other person's hair. Xue Qingling closed her eyes without any resistance. After being wet with tears, her black eyelashes became darker and brighter, with faint traces of tears Hang on.

Liu Yuzhi held the slightly cold hand of her youngest son, she sighed a long time in her heart, her words were no longer as harsh as usual, her tone became gentle and hoarse: "Ling'er, mother doesn't want you to suffer any more. Supporting the medical hall, no matter what kind of Ji'an hall or Huichun hall, let's close it... Look, what's so good about studying medicine and practicing medicine? Only you and me, orphans and widows, are left in our family , Why is it forced to

stay in the medical clinic? Practicing medical treatment is basically going against the sky. Practicing medicine is a matter of life and death, and you must not be sloppy at all. If you cure someone, they will praise you as a good doctor. Being resented by others."

"It's hard to save someone's life, but easy to kill someone's life. If there is a slight mistake, saving someone's life will turn into harming someone. At that time, if people don't hate you, you will blame yourself and feel guilty, and live here with life and death every day. Isn't it exhausting in the world."

"After my mother married your father, I met countless troublemakers in the hospital, and during this life-and-death treatment, she exposed how many evils in the world, even if your grandfather was there. At that time, some people came to knock down the plaque in the middle of the night..."

...

"Ling'er, since your father and elder brother left, Mother has nothing to ask for. In Mother's eyes, Wan Guan's family wealth is not important, and the inheritance of the Xue family's medical center is not important. Mother only wants you to have a mediocre life. An'an, life will be smooth and worry-free."

After Xue Qingling left, Liu Yuzhi was alone in the room, she rubbed her brows and closed her eyes to rest for a while, but her heart could not calm down, her thoughts were restless and confused.

Liu Yuzhi suddenly stood up from the bed and walked to a long table next to the closet. There seemed to be nothing on the long table, but it was covered with a layer of red silk cloth with tassels. She raised her hand and lifted the silk cloth, A long plaque underneath was exposed, with three characters written on it - Ji'an Hall.

She picked up the plaque, walked to the round table and sat down. It was still daytime, but she lit a red candle on the table. The candlelight shone on the plaque, and her slender fingers gently stroked the plaque. Through the font above, many things in the old days resurfaced in front of my eyes.

"Oh, as the saying goes, if you don't go to the old, you won't come to the new. Look, after the new plaque was replaced, something good happened. I met a beauty who is more beautiful than a peony today."

" Do you want to come to my home clinic?"

...

After so many years, when she dreams back at midnight, she often thinks of the handsome boy who stood under this plaque and opened a folding fan to her , with a bright smile.

Nemesis.

She clearly wanted to marry a Jiangnan talent, but in the end she chose, she liked, and the only person she fell in love with was the young master of the doctor's family who was as illiterate as she was.

Qingling said that the medical clinic full of medicinal fragrance was his childhood memories, but for her, why not? Although the life after marriage is not what she had dreamed of, , but also a happy and sweet day. But after this kind of sweetness was shattered... Many times, Liu Yuzhi dared not and was unwilling to pass by the door of the medical center again.

The old place is still there, but the old man is no longer there.

Crystal clear tears fell all the way down her cheeks, falling drop by drop on the long plaque, Liu Yuzhi's eyes were red and swollen, she saw a cup of tea on the round table that was completely cold.

Picking up the cup of tea, and taking a small sip, Liu Yuzhi forced the corners of her mouth to smile.

She is a fake elegant, really vulgar person. Over the years of being arty, she has never really liked drinking tea, but the person who really loves tea in Xue's family is Xue Yu.

After Xue Qingling left from his mother, he just ate a few mouthfuls of food lazily at noon, and didn't bother to take a rest in the morning. He went to the medical clinic in a carriage again, but when he arrived at the medical clinic, he didn't find Pei Shu .

The clerk in the clinic told him that Dr. Pei went out for a walk alone.

Xue Qingling felt cold all over his body, and he couldn't help shrinking his hands. Yesterday, the two of them strolled together by Luojing Lake in Lin'an City, but today he put aside himself, and only wants to enjoy Lin'an alone, isn't it... ... think he is too redundant.

Xue Qingling sat alone by the well in the backyard and waited for Pei Shu to come back. After waiting for a long time, the other party returned, but ignored him and went to grind medicine in the pharmacy by himself.

Pei Shu rushed back from outside Lin'an City, and took the great hero to buy five catties of fresh meat. After this hawk, he brought the herbs back to Huichun Hall, intending to make the ointment in the next few days.

When she returned to the hospital, she saw Xue Qingling who was very happy to see him. Because of the other party's prevarication in the morning and the fact that she left him to go home alone at noon, Pei Shu deliberately put on a cold face and planned to hang him out for a while.

Before going to make the ointment, Pei Shu remembered something, and turned around and told Xue Qingling: "Xiao Cang, you don't need to feed tonight."

The eagle didn't hold himself to death.

"No... don't you need to feed it?" Xue Qingling's face became even more ugly, and her voice became stiff.

Dr. Pei didn't even let him feed the eagle...

Pei Shu nodded, "Yes", and went into the pharmaceutical place. The ointment he wanted to make was not simple, it would cost a lot of money Xinshen, some of the medicinal materials must be handled with great care, and no mistakes can be made, and he needs to use the inner strength of thousands of flowers to separate the special parts of the medicinal materials bit by bit.

Pei Shu took a deep breath, calmed down, threw away foreign objects, and devoted himself to the process of making medicine.

Xue Qingling glanced at him quietly outside, and didn't dare to disturb him. He only dared to secretly look at him for a while, as if he would never see him again, and took a small bench and sat outside in a lonely way.

At night, because Xue Qingling was not in the mood to do the work of the medical clinic in the afternoon, he cooked by himself and cooked eighteen dishes. He served the dishes on the table and called Pei Shu over for dinner. People ate very quietly, looking at each other without saying a word. After eating, Xue Qingling didn't stay in the medical clinic, but went home directly in a carriage.

That night, Xue Qingling tossed and turned on the bed, unable to fall asleep. Many things and pictures appeared in front of his eyes again and again, what his mother said, childhood memories, what happened in Fuyang City, etc. What happened at the hospital, and Dr. Pei's icy face...

The next day, he got up later than usual, and Xiao Jia didn't wake him up, so he slept an extra hour.

When it was time to go to the medical clinic after grooming and dressing up, it was even later. Xue Qingling sat in the carriage, a little hesitant to buy something for breakfast, but it was so late, there was probably no need to buy it...

" Go directly to the medical hall."

The carriage stopped at the entrance of Huichun Hall, Xue Qingling got out of the carriage without much energy, and he walked into the medical hall. that person.

However, it seems that a guest came to the medical hall today, sitting opposite to that person.

Liu Ruopian from Qianjintang came to Huichuntang early in the morning to visit the new Dr. Pei in Huichuntang, and Liu Ruopian asked Pei Shu for medical advice. Zhang Yuanwai's wife got that prescription that day, went back home and took two doses, she was really in good health, yesterday Liu Ruopian went to Zhang's house to check Mrs Zhang's pulse, the pulse condition improved steadily, Liu Ruopian was really amazed.

So she came to Huichun Hall today to admire Dr. Pei's medical skills.

When Liu Ruopian saw the young doctor in front of her, she was still a little unbelievable. Although Cuiqiao had already heard that the doctor who treated Mrs. Zhang was a young doctor, but she came to Huichun Hall today and found out that Dr. Pei was actually a doctor. He is such a man with extraordinary temperament and outstanding appearance. The other party is dressed in white, with a fairy-like temperament, and his gestures are unparalleled in elegance, which is amazing.

Pei Shu learned that Liu Ruopian in front of him used to be Mrs. Zhang's doctor and wanted to discuss Mrs. Zhang's condition with him, so she also nodded and explained her dialectical process and medication choice to the other party.

This Liu Ruopian is a dexterous person who understands it as soon as he hears it, and praises Pei Shu's exquisite medical skills again and again.

Liu Ruopian couldn't help but asked Dr. Pei in front of her for some other symptoms.

Unlike his master, Sun Simiao, and senior brother Pei Yuan, Pei Shu is not a person who likes to teach others medical skills and values ​​the inheritance of medical knowledge. Because Mrs. Zhang is one of the patients he has treated, he stopped by to answer Liu Ruopian's questions. Explain it again, and he doesn't really want to answer other questions.

Just when Pei Shu was about to say the words of refusal, a familiar figure appeared in the medical hall. After hearing the movement of that person, Pei Shu swallowed the words of refusal inexplicably.

He deliberately ignored the visitor, and continued to discuss medical skills with Dr. Liu in front of him, answering every question, saying everything he knew, and talking endlessly.

Listening to the other party's answer, Liu Ruopian felt as if she had found a treasure, her beautiful eyes shone like stars.

As soon as Xue Qingling entered the medical center, she heard the lively discussion there. Dr. Pei explained the medical skills to Doctor Liu in detail and answered questions. He spoke with enthusiasm.

He pursed his lips tightly and poured two cups of hot tea over. After listening for a while, he couldn't take it anymore. Xue Qingling walked towards the backyard with a listless expression, just wanting to escape the sound of two people talking.

Before he left, a vague sentence floated into his ears:

"Doctor Pei, do you want to consider coming to the Qianjin Hall?"

...

Xue Qingling didn't hear the latter words, so he covered his ears and huddled in the backyard. In the small kitchen, he originally rolled up his sleeves and planned to cook a few dishes, but the fire was not even ready. Looking at the flames, he felt really depressed, so he simply dropped the spatula and ran outside in small steps. Back home in a carriage again.