Chapter 24 Bet

The carriage drove on the road for a day and entered Lin'an City before noon the next day.

Xue Qingling looked sullen, leaning against the carriage, half-closed his eyes and rested his mind. The carriage drove past the gate of the city and turned all the way to the busy street. The speed of the carriage slowed down. Curtain, to see the scene outside.

This is the busiest hour on the street. There are many tourists coming and going, and there are a few long and high-spirited cries from time to time. Little boys in twos and threes blowing windmills are chasing and fighting, and porters hold their loads and carefully avoid the crowds. Passing through the crowd, people who have just come out of the cloth shop, holding a few feet of cloth in their hands, are preparing to go home and cut spring clothes... What a lively scene in the market.

This is the place where Xue Qingling grew up. Without looking closely, these street shops have already formed in his mind.

He took out a red tassel from the small box next to him, stroked the tassel on the tassel lightly, and pressed the tassel to his chest. Xue Qingling opened the curtain of the car a little more, because he knew that he was going to pass by soon. His home medical clinic - Ji An Tang.

There were a lot of people, and the carriage was moving very slowly in the city, almost at the same speed as people walking. Xue Qingling held the flute in his hand, looking forward to seeing his own medical center. He counted the signboard in front of him, and his heart beat faster. At this time, the carriage ran over a small pothole, and the body bumped a bit. Xue Qingling stabilized his figure, and then looked out of the window—but

he didn't see the familiar signboard "Ji'an Hall".

The carriage passed by in a flash.

Xue Qingling quickly stopped the carriage, jumped out of the carriage impatiently, and ran to the door of the shop she knew even in ashes. The quaint carved doorposts and the corners of the black tile eaves are as old as before, but the large-character signboard under the roof tiles has disappeared.

At this time, the door of the medical center was wide open, and there were people carrying things inside. Xue Qingling ran into the house, just in time to see Steward He directing someone to pour out the medicinal materials in the medicine cabinet. The echo echoed: "This cabinet, here is about to be dismantled... Hurry up and pack all the medicinal materials." "

Over there, Ren Gui, go and wipe it."

...

Xue Qingling rushed in and saw that the medical hall was in a mess, and the medicinal materials were scattered all over the place. The scene all over the place suddenly raised his anger to the peak, and shouted loudly: "What are you doing? Who told you to move the things in the hospital???"

Manager He turned his head, caught a glimpse of Xue Qingling, and quickly explained: "The young master is back. Oh, madam is waiting for you at home."

Xue Qingling's eyes turned red, and continued to ask: "He Hongchang, tell me first, what are you doing?"

Guanshi He sighed and explained: "Young master, this is According to Madam's order, Madam said that the medical center will be closed, and tomorrow it will be changed to an embroidery shop. Madam has brought many famous embroiderers from Suzhou, all of them are skillful, and it's time for the young master to make spring clothes. Do you want to come and cut some clothes, choose a few good-looking patterns, and send people to rush to work immediately..." "

Who told you to close the medical clinic! Who told you to change the embroidery shop! I don't allow it! When I left, it wasn't Did you still let you watch the clinic waiting for me to come back?"

Manager He smiled wryly, "Master, our clinic doesn't even have a sitting doctor, so why are you still open? Just listen to Madam and shut it down, huh?"

Before Xue Qingling went to Fuyang City, he just kicked out a doctor from the medical clinic, and the other two doctors were also driven away after Xue Qingling left. sick. This medical clinic is open, and it can't even treat patients, so why is it still open?

Xue Qingling's eyes turned red from anger, and the hand holding the flute was trembling. He gritted his teeth and said sharply to Guanshi He: "Don't touch the things in the hospital, restore everything to its original state, and I'll go find my mother!

" Jia, you stay here and help me watch them! No one is allowed to touch my things!"

Xue Fu.

Mrs. Xue, Xue Liu's family, Liu Yuzhi, who is now the head of the Xue family, is sitting leisurely in the small pavilion in her courtyard, leaning on the railing with one hand, and grabbing a handful of fish food with the other. They were sprinkled into the lake, and in the clear lake water, there were countless golden and black tumbling strips, all burrowing around in the water, vying for fish food.

The lake in the courtyard has a wide view, and there is a rockery extending from the west, which is very beautiful with jagged rocks. A row of surrounding verandahs are built along the water. There are many flower and fruit trees beside the lake. The eaves The bottom is full of flowers and the scenery is extremely beautiful.

After throwing away all the fish food in her hand, the little maid behind Liu Yuzhi handed it to Madam again.

Liu Yuzhi was dressed in luxurious brocade silk, with a bun on the top of her head, she looked like a wealthy family. Liu Yuzhi was born in a small wealthy businessman's family in the south of the Yangtze River. She grew up in abacus beads and was very good at business. At home, she was under pressure from her elder brother and did not show her skills. Once she got married, she used the dowry in her hand to do business. Over the years, The business under his hands is getting bigger and bigger, and he has accumulated countless wealth.

Her appearance is very gorgeous, she looks like a rich and noble flower in the world, and she is more domineering. When people look at her face, they feel that she is full of wealth. Of course, to put it in a bad way, That is to say, the calculating appearance covered with the smell of copper.

Although her body smells like copper, Liu Yuzhi's heart is different from her appearance. She doesn't love money, she loves "talent".

Since she was a girl, Liu Yuzhi has admired people who "know poetry and books and have talents". Who would have imagined that a daughter of a wealthy businessman like her would like to read, read and learn, and all kinds of romance and elegance. But Liu Yuzhi himself, who is good at abacus and business, has no idea about the Four Books and Five Classics, poems, songs and Fu.

Fourteen or fifteen-year-old Liu Yuzhi doesn't do business. She studies poetry and books with her teacher at home. She only wants to marry a talented person from the south of the Yangtze River.

However, the sky does not follow people's wishes, so Liu Yuzhi has no talent for reading poetry and books, and she has learned a lot, but she has not learned much. She had taken a liking to several poor scholars with real talents, but she was a talented scholar with high spirits, but she didn't like her, a vulgar rich businessman's daughter who smelled like money.

After a few years of wasting, Liu Yuzhi had no choice but to settle for the next best thing. She married Xue Yu, a young master who opened a medical clinic at home. At that time, Xue Yu's father supported the Xue's medical clinic. Dealing in medicinal materials, the family background is not bad. It's just that Xue Yu is not a literati. Like her, he doesn't have much ink in his stomach. The only advantage is that he has a good-looking face.

After the dream of Hongxiu Tianxiang was shattered, Liu Yuzhi got married and started a business. The business grew bigger and bigger, and the money became more and more. Counting the money, Liu Yuzhi was not happy.

She still has some obsessions in her heart.

She didn't get what she wanted, but she hoped that her child would marry a well-educated literary talent.

"Speaking of... Qingling, he should be in the city, right?"

Before Liu Yuzhi finished speaking, she saw Xue Qingling, the youngest son she was thinking of, walking towards her in a hurry, and she stood up quickly Greeting her, she said distressedly: "Mother's little Ling'er is back? Look at the tiredness of this boat, hurry up to wash up and rest, and let Mother feel distressed for a while." Xue Qingling's eyes were still red and swollen, and asked: "Mother, why did

you Close the clinic?"

Facing her own child's questioning, Liu Yuzhi said lightly: "The doctor has already left because of your anger, why don't you shut him down?" "It was because of his evil intentions that

I drove him away!"

That's right, Qingling, go wash up and rest." Ever since her eldest son died, Liu Yuzhi felt harsh and uncomfortable when she heard the medical clinic. She had wanted to close the medical clinic at home for a long time. two.

But her youngest son has a stubborn temper.

"Mother, the medical clinic can't be closed. I want to continue to open it."

Liu Yuzhi said "Oops", and walked around Xue Qingling earnestly: "Son, you don't know how expensive the family is, and your medical clinic is poorly run. How much has been lost in the past few years, I'm afraid you haven't counted it? How much money did your mother pay you to go in?"

Xue Qingling bit her lip and said in a low voice: "But we can't shut down the medical clinic. If the inherited medical center is cut off, how can it be worthy of the ancestors of the Xue family..." How can it be worthy of the dead father and elder brother.

When his father was young, he held him in his arms and always said that he wanted to revive the reputation of the Xue Family Medical Clinic. Xue Qingling still remembered that his father took the four or five-year-old him to identify medicinal materials in the medical clinic, and his elder brother, who would put down his hands when he saw him. The book in the book, squeezed his face, and taught him how to take the medicine according to the prescription with a gentle voice... It can be said that he was in this medical center full of medicine fragrance when he was young, and he has countless memories. Now...how? Can it be turned off?

"How can you be worthy of the ancestors of the Xue family? From Niang's point of view, the ancestors of the Xue family will only be worthy of the ancestors of the Xue family. Look at how you have managed the once-famous Ji'an Hall? You smashed the signboard of your ancestors, you Are you ashamed to look at the 'Ji'an Hall' on the plaque? Think about the time when the ancestors of the Xue family and your grandfather were there, how famous Ji'an Hall was, and now? It's a joke in Lin'an City!"

Xue Qingling trembled all over, staring at the front without blinking his red and swollen eyes, big teardrops rolled down his cheeks, making his already unsightly face even more ugly.

Seeing him like this, Liu Yuzhi couldn't help but soften her voice: "Qingling, listen to your mother and close the clinic. How about your mother help you find a good husband to marry? There are also many young talents in Lin'an City. Seeing that the spring is just right now, how about making some spring clothes and going out for an outing?"

Xue Qingling's voice was hoarse, she looked at her mother stubbornly, and said word by word: "Mother, I don't want to marry, I want to support the hospital

As soon as his words fell, Liu Yuzhi immediately put away the tenderness on her face, looked straight into Xue Qingling's eyes with a serious expression: "Qingling, you are already eighteen. Although mother dotes on you, she can't tolerate it. " If you continue to be self-willed..."

Xue Qingling turned her head to one side, avoiding her mother's sight, expressing her resistance and stubbornness with such actions.

"Okay, Qingling, mother will make a bet with you, okay?"

"One year, within this year, if you can keep the hospital from collapsing, mother will not force you to marry, and let you keep the hospital open." ——"

"However, this year, you don't even want to use your family's money. You have to earn the daily expenses of the medical center by yourself in the medical center." "

If you can't hold on, you lose the bet." , I closed the clinic, and obeyed my mother's words honestly, and chose a good son-in-law to marry." "

—I swear by your father and brother, no matter what the result is, my mother and you must fulfill the bet."