Arrival At Winterfell

Much to her chagrin, Aelinor's mother had insisted she wear the colors of her house rather than her father's. 

It wasn't as if Aelinor wanted to wear Baratheon black and gold, but she didn't want to wear the Lannister red and gold either.

She wanted to be free to choose whatever she wanted to wear.

But her mother insisted on showing a "united front" against the "savage Northeners" they were to visit.

Thus she conceded to wearing a red and gold gown, with a red, black and gold overcoat. All the colours of her parents houses, as well as the colors of the family she resembled.

She styled her hair simply, pulling it back and tying it with golden pin, given to her by her mother on one of her name days.

The royal company had already been traveling for some time and were now moments away from arriving at Winterfell.

Aelinor was stuck in the carriage with her mother and two youngest siblings.

As much as she'd rather ride on her horse, her mother insisted it was unladylike, but Aelinor knew better.

It was most likely to keep her out of her father's sights when she wasn't there to protect her.

Sure there was her Uncle Jaime, but he was a Kingsguard. His duty was to protect the king, so it wasn't like he could stand against him.

Despite what some might think, calling him a Kingslayer and Oathbreaker, Jaime Lannister, was a very loyal knight.

No one really asked him why he had stabbed the man he had sworn to protect, but one night, Aelinor had.

Needless to say she was shocked. She even agreed with his actions. What was one life compared to thousands, even if it was the King.

"Are we almost there, mother?" Tommen asked. Clearly her younger siblings were growing as restless as she, being cooped up in the carriage.

"Yes, my little lion, we shall be there any moment now. I promise."

As she said this, the carriage rolled to a stop, signaling they had arrived at their destination.

Her father entered behind them on his horse, which Aelinor felt sorry for.

Her father was no longer the young, strapping man he used to be.

No, he had been replaced by a drunk, whoring, neglectful king, who couldn't care less about ruling.

Two men hurried to place down a set of steps, so the king could dismount his horse.

Once he had, he strode forward, everyone bowing.

He stopin front of Lord Stark before commanding him to rise, which he did, followed by his family and everyone else.

"Your Grace," Ned addressed his King and friend.

Robert looked his friend up and down before saying, "You've gotten fat."

Aelinor furrowed his brows. He was one to talk.

Apparently Lord Stark felt the same as he gave his friend a quick once over.

Both men started laughing, alleviating the tenseness in the air.

"Cat," he greeted Lady Stark with a hug.

"Your Grace," she replied with a curtsey.

"Nine years. Why haven't I seen you? Where the hell have you been?"

"Guarding the North for you, your Grace. Winterfell is yours."

Finally, Cersei exited the carriage, joining her husband, twin brother and eldest son.

As Aelinor followed after her mother, she was well aware of the eyes that immediately darted to her.

By now she was used to it. Everyone had heard of the infamous Targaryen looking daughter of King Robert Baratheon.

Her eyes scanned the courtyard, none trying to hide their stares. Though Aelinor didn't waver.

She simply turned to help her younger siblings out of the carriage.

One they were safely on the ground, Aelinor stood between them, feeling their hands on the skirt of her coat.

Both were clearly nervous at the prospect of meeting new people.

She rubbed her hands against their backs as they clung to her.

"Where's the Imp?" Aelinor heard the youngest daughter of Lord Stark ask.

The Imp. It's what many used to refer to her Uncle Tyrion who was a dwarf.

"Will you shut up?" The elder daughter, this one with Tully red hair and blue eyes, said to her younger sister.

Aelinor continued looking around the courtyard, missing when her mother approached the Stark's.

Cersei held out her hand for Lord Stark to kiss, which he did.

"My Queen." Cersei let slip one of her stiff smiles.

"My Queen," Lady Catelyn said, following suit with a curtsey.

Cersei simply looked at her before her husband's voice drew her attention.

"Take me to your crypt. I want to pay my respects."

Everyone knew the reason for him wanting to visit the Stark family crypt.

It was where Lyanna, his former betrothed and love of his life was buried.

This caused Aelinor to scoff. He couldn't even wait ten minutes before wanting to see his Lady Lyanna.

Aelinor held nothing against the woman. She hadn't met her. What she had a problem with was how she was expected to act like a proper lady, when her father, the King, didn't even bother to hide the fact he was still in love with a woman who was not his wife.

He didn't even spare his wife a second look when he ordered Lord Stark again to show him to the crypt.

Sending an apologetic look to the Queen, Lord Stark followed after the King.

The Queen, now left alone, returned to stand with her twin brother, Jaime.

"Where is our brother? Go find the little beast."

Aelinor hated when her mother spoke poorly of her Uncle Tyrion. To her, there was nothing he had done, except be born. Which apparently was enough for her mother.

Her grandmother, Joanna Lannister, had died giving birth to Tyrion and Cersei resented him for it.

When her Uncle Jaime went off in search of his younger brother, Lady Stark offered for her children to their guests to their rooms, so they could prepare for the welcoming banquet that was to be held that night.