Tyrion's New Responsibilities

[King's Landing, Small Council Chamber]

Tywin Lannister stood by the head of the table. Grand Maestar Pycelle, Varys, and Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish entered silently. Tyrion Lannister entered next. Tywin sat, then Pycelle, Varys, and Littlefinger joined him. Tyrion remained still, while Queen Cersei Lannister entered and surveyed the room. She paused, then walked to the table. She picked up one of the two remaining empty chairs and placed it directly next to Tywin, then sat while the others smirked. Tyrion came forward, and dragged the final chair noisily (and comically) to the opposite head of the table before sitting.

"Intimate. Lovely table. Better chairs than the old small council chamber. Conveniently close to your own quarters. I like it." Tyrion quipped when asked how he was finding his new chambers.

"What news of Jaime?" Tywin asked, but no one answered. "Twenty thousand unwashed Northerns have known about his escape for weeks. Collectively, you control more spies and informants than the rest of the world combined. Do you mean to tell me that none of you has any notion of where he is?"

"We are trying, my lord." Varys said.

"Try harder. What do we have, then?" 

"Robb Stark and most of his bannermen are in Riverrun for the funeral of his grandfather Lord Hoster Tully. In Stark's absence, Roose Bolton holds Harrenhal, which would seem to make him Lord of Harrenhal, in practice if not in name." Varys informed them.

"Well, let him have it. The name suits our purposes far more than that useless pile of rubble. The Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Arryn."

"For which I am extremely grateful to you, my lord. Lady Arryn and I have known each other since we were children. She has alwys been positively predisposed toward me."

"A successful courtship would make Lord Baelish acting Lord of the Vale." Pycelle interjected.

"Titles do seem to breed titles." Littlefinger agreed.

"You'll leave for the Eyrie as soon as possible and bring Lysa Arryn into the fold. Then the young wolf can add his own aunt to the list of people who have taken up arms against him." Tywin told him.

"Far be it from me to hinder true love, but Lord Baelish's absence would present certain problems. The royal wedding may end up being the most expensive event in living memory. Summer has ended, hard days lie ahead. Not a good time to leave the crown's finances unattended."

"Fully agreed. Which is why I'm naming you new Master of Coin." Tywin announced.

Cersei chuckled.

"Master of Coin?"

"It would appear to be a position that best suits your talents." His father told him.

"I'm quite good at spending money, but a lifetime of outrageous wealth hasn't taught me much about managing it."

"I have no doubt you will prove equal to this challenge." Cersei said.

"Hear, hear." Pycelle cheered.

[King's Landing - Littlefinger's Brothel]

Ros knelt at a hidden compartment in the floor. She handed Podrick Payne a series of ledgers as she noticed him admiring her assets.

"A surprising place to keep the royal ledgers." Tyrion noted.

"I'm surprised you're surprised. This is the safest place in the city."

"Not for bastards."

"That's all of them, my lord." Ros told her boss.

"Thank you, my dear."