Goodbye Sister & Kings Landing Riot

[Blackwater Bay]

Today was the day Princess Myrcella left for Dorne. She had been betrothed to Prince Trystane Martell by her Uncle Tyrion, who insisted it would safer for her than to remain in Kings Landing, with the ongoing war.

So here they stood on the Blackwater seeing her off.

The young Princess was crying, desperate for them to change their mind. She didn't want to live among strangers. She wished to remain with her family.

A Septon was blessing the Princess for a safe journey.

"May the Seven guide the Princess on her journey. May the mother give her health. May the crone give her wisdom. May the Warrior give her courage..."

Aelinor had been listening to the blessing, but it was drowned out by the conversation between her mother and Uncle Tyrion.

"One day I pray you love someone," her mother told him. "I pray you love her so much, when you close your eyes, you see her face. I want that for you. I want you to know what it's like to love someone, to truly love someone, before I take her from you."

Before Aelinor could approach her mother, she was stopped by the sound of her brother's voice.

Yes, her brother. The new King. 

Aelinor knew that people of King's Landing, the entire Seven Kingdoms really, had certain expectations of her brother to be a handsome, perfect prince. Well, King, now.

But his siblings knew his true nature.

He was a spoiled cunt who lived for making other people's lives miserable, especially his own siblings.

And he didn't have to face consequences because his mother would protect him.

Whether it was because she was afraid of him or craved the fact that her child would grow to become King after her husband passed, Aelinor couldn't be certain.

But what she did know is it further encouraged Joffrey to act out. His status as heir to the throne, left him feeling untouchable.

Why wouldn't it? Why would stop what they was doing if they weren't being reprimanded for it.

The only time Aelinor could remember her brother being chastised was when he caught a pregnant cat and cut it open, presenting the animal corpses to his father.

The King struck him so hard, it knocked out two of his teeth and his mother was sure it had killed him.

Clearly it had not. However, Joffrey's cruelty turned to his siblings, to avoid his father's rage, as the king was hardly an involved parent to any of his children.

He had done his duty and bore heirs that would carry his blood for generations.

Though some would argue it was because they were not the children he had hoped to have with his Lady Lyanna.

As well as his eldest child baring a striking resemblance to the man who stole her from him.

"You sound like a little mewling cat, crying for its mother," Joffrey chastised Tommen. "Princes don't cry."

Aelinor moved to defend her youngest brother, but someone else beat her to it.

"I saw you cry," Lady Sansa mutter, loud enough for Aelinor to hear, but no other.

She was referring to their journey on the Kingsroad.

Aelinor couldn't help laugh at the memory of Joffrey crying after being bitten by Arya Stark's direwolf, Nymeria.