The Death Of A Hand

[King's Landing - Sept Of Baelor]

Cersei stepped out of a cart to a funeral procession outside of the Great Sept of Baelor, walking to the top of the stairs.

"Your grace, we are honored by your presence. The mourners are waiting." The priest greeted.

"They will keep waiting. I want a moment alone with him."

"But your grace, many of these lords and ladies have travelled day and night to be here…"

Cersei began walking away.

"From all seven kingdoms…" He concluded.

"They will wait."

Inside, Tywin’s body rested with hand-painted stones on top of his eyes. Cersei approached to Jaime who presided over the body.

"He nevr wanted you to be a King's Guard, but here you are protecting his body."

"What he built. The towers. He built it for us. He meant it for us. They’re going to try to take it away, all of it."

"They?"

"All of them out there are our enemies. They’re waiting a night to make sure he’s really dead and as soon as they see the stones on his eyes they’ll set to work on tearing us apart."

"They had nothing to do with it. The man who murdered our father, he tore us apart, he’s the enemy. I’ve been telling you for years, you’ve been defending him for years…"

"This is exactly what they want."

"...and now our father is dead. And that little monster is out there somewhere drawing breath. Did you set him free?"

Jaime looked down, before nodding.

"Tyrion may be a monster but at least he killed our father on purpose. You killed him by mistake. With stupidity. You’re a man of action, aren’t you? When it occurs to you to do something you do it, nevrmind the consequences. Take a look." She gestured towards their father. "Look at the consequences. Here they are. He loved you more than anyone in this world."

Cersei kissed Tywin on the head before exiting, leaving Jaime with his head hung.

Later, everyone had gathered in the Throne Room.

Cersei was drinking wine while Loras spoke in the background.

"It was such a deep, deep shock to us all. Your father was a force to be reckoned with. He truly was. I wouldn’t presume to claim to have known him as such…"

Cersei was only half paying attention as she watched Tommen talking and smiling with Margaery.

"I know my wife, your daughter, was not particularly fond of him. But, just being in his presence was enough to make it so clear just how formidable a person you were dealing with. What a… what a force to be reckoned with."

Cersei sighed. "Thank you so much for your kind words."

She walked away and headed down a small set of stairs.

"Deepest condolences, your grace. This tragedy… I nevr trusted Varys. I often warned…" Pycelle began, but Cersei walked away again.

A barefooted man in a robe walked up to Cersei.

"Your grace." He greeted.

Cersei inspected him for a moment. "Cousin Lancel. I hardly recognized you."

He had shaved most of his hair.

"My deepest sympathies."

"I apologize for my son’s appearance." Kevan Lannister approached.