Tyrell's In The Capital

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Joffrey's Chambers]

King Joffrey Baratheon was being fitted by a tailor. Queen Cersei Lannister, sat nearby, looking on.

"Make it tighter here." Joffrey commanded.

"That's better. It makes you look very strong." Cersei told him.

The tailor laid some sample fabric on Joffrey's shoulder. Displeased, Joffrey snatched it away.

"No flowers. I said no flowers. All these are wrong. Bring others." Joffrey said, dismissing the tailor.

"Yes, Your Grace." The tailor quickly exited.

"Bloody flowers. On the king."

"Looks like a Tyrell rose. Give it to Margaery for her wedding gown. Should be more than enough fabric."

Joffrey tossed the fabric away and moved to his bed to change back into his clothes.

"Tell me what you think of her." Cersei continued.

"Who?"

"Margaery."

"She's an ideal match. With the Tyrells beside us, we'll crush the Northerners. Hang their lords, burn their strongholds, sow their fields with salt, and no one will think of rebelling for another century."

"It is a good match, but what do you think of her? She's beautiful and intelligent."

"Yes, she is."

"Her concern with the well-being of the common people is interesting."

"Not to me."

"I only meant that to go out of your way to endanger yourself."

"This is becoming one of the most boring conversations I've ever had."

Cersei stood. "Margaery Tyrell is not like your sister. She dotes on filthy urchins for a reason. She dresses like a harlot for a reason. She married a traitor and known degenerate like Renly Baratheon for a reason."

"She married Renly Baratheon because she was told to. That's what intelligent women do-what they're told. Unlike my sister who uses any chance to rebel against me, her king. Maybe Ser Loras can finally be the one to tame her. Or at the very least keep her from disrespecting me in front of my court."

Cersei reached out to him, but Joffrey pushed her hand away.

"You need to ask yourself-"

"I don't need to do anything." Joffrey told his mother.

The tailor returned with a different fabric sample. He draped it on Joffrey's shoulder.

"Better. Much better." Joffrey told him.

It seemed the conversation about the king's new betrothed was over.

[Red Keep - Sansa's Chambers]

Shae brushed Sansa Stark's hair as Sansa sat before a mirror.

"I still don't believe it." Shae said, speaking of Littlefinger.

"He didn't. He didn't want anything. He just takes an interest because he loved my mother."

"Men only want one thing from a pretty girl."

"Littlefinger's not in love with me."

Shae helped Sansa into her dress. "Love is not the thing he wants."

"He's too old."

"They nevr see it that way. He didn't ask you to do something for him? Spy on someone or...?"