Deja Vu

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Aelinor's Cell]

Aelinor had been sitting in her cell, half asleep when she heard a giant explosion.

With no window inside, she remained oblivious to what was going on.

She was startled when she heard some fiddling with the door to her cell.

Was this it? Had someone come to kill her?

The door swung open and Aelinor pushed herself further against the wall.

A man she did not recognize entered.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Aelinor yelled, her eyes, squinting.

"Apologies, Princess," the man bowed. "I have come on the orders of Prince Daemon."

"Daemon sent you? Prove it."

"Yes. When he heard of your imprisonment, he immediately began plotting to help free you. You met in the streets of King's Landing the day your sister was sent to Dorne. He stopped you from going after the Stark girl. In return, you nearly slit his throat."

Aelinor couldn't help the smile that graced her face. She had only told Eleanor that story, meaning there were only three people who knew of it. Her, Daemon and Eleanor.

He had kept his word. If anything happened to her, he would do whatever he could to free her.

"What was that noise?"

"Your mother blew up the Sept."

"She did what?!"

"We don't have much time, Princess. Guards will likely be here soon to check on you." He helped her stand, her knees buckling from lack of use.

"Where are you taking me?"

"Dragonstone." They exited her cell, looking both ways, before turning right.

"But my Uncle Stannis hold Dragonstone."

"I'm sorry, Princess, but he is dead."

"What?! How?!"

That was it. Her Uncle was the last legitimate Baratheon male. The only left who had the ability to passon the name to his children, even though he only had Shireen, a daughter, who, like her, would lose the name upon marriage.

"He died fighting the Boltons, in an attempt to capture Winterfell." They took another turn and went down a set of steps.

They were startled as they ran into four people.

Taking a closer look, Aelinor recognized them. "Cella? Where are you going?"

"Mother has lost her mind. I'm returning to Dorne before she traps me here forevr. Wait, where are you going?"

"Dragonstone. I have someone waiting for me."

"Who?"

"What I say does not leave this tunnel. Got it?" They all nodded. "Prince Daemon Targaryen."

Myrcella gasped. "He's really alive?"

Aelinor nodded. "Yes, and I need to hurry before someone catches us. As do you."

"Yes, we do, Princess," the man leading her said. "I have a rowboat waiting. A Velaryon ship would raise too many eyebrows, especially after my Lord's uncle stole the royal fleet following your mother's imprisonment."

She had nearly forgotten about that.

It was then she finally noticed the Septa with them.

"What is your connection to Prince Oberyn? You used the exact words he spoke to me."