Dreams

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Aelinor's Chambers]

Aelinor shot up from her bed, panting heavily.

She placed a hand on her stomach at the sensation of a small flutter. It had grown even more in such a short time, as well as an increased appetite, confirming her suspicion. She was pregnant.

It could only be Daemon's. She hadn't laid with Robert again before his banishment, and obviously she had not coupled with Loras, nor was he around at the time of conception.

But, what had she just seen?

In the beginning, it was quite easy to recognize Jon Snow, watching as he was stabbed by multiple men, including a child.

Then it became much more confusing.

An army of white wolves, wild animals and falcons led by a red wolf, mqrched and flew on a snowy field. Opposite them were men with varying sigils. The Boltons were easily recognizable with their banners of flayed men. However, being unfamiliar with the North, Aelinor could not immediately place the other three sigils; a field a black with a white sunburst, a turquoise field with a merman holding a trident, and a field of red with four silver chains connected by a central ring.

One of the men revealed a chained wolf, undoing his bounds, and ordering him to run. The wolf did as it was told, fleeing towards the other army.

What appeared to be the lead white wolf began running to meet the released wolf. But, just as they were within each other's grasp, the formerly bound wolf was shot by an arrow.

The armies engaged in a battle, many falling on both sides, and then men with the merman sigil switching sides, before the remaining men with various sigils retreated to a castle Aelinor could only assume was Winterfell. It was the only Northern castle she had gotten a proper look at.

One of the men and the largest white wolf engaged in solo battle. The wolf appeared ready to kill the man, but was stopped by the red wolf.

Only for the red wolf to release hounds on the man.

She had nevr had dreamed of anything like this, but it seemed so vivid, so real.

Of course, with her fascination for the Targaryens, she knew about dragon dreams; a rare ability bestowed onto those with the blood of the dragon, giving them prophetic dreams. The most famous dragon dreamer; Daenys Targaryen, daughter of Aenar Targaryen, the fourth great grandfather of Aegon I.

She had received a dream of the destruction of Old Valyria and convinced her father to leave.

In 114 BC, Aenar heeded his daughter's words and sold his holdings in Valyria, before becoming the first occupants of Dragonstone, a small island in the Narrow Sea off the coast of Westeros, which would become their family's seat. With them, they brought five dragons, including Balerion, who Aegon I would go on to mount in his conquest of the Seven Kingdoms alongside his sister wives; Rhaenys and Visenya.

When the Doom occured twelve years later, House Targaryen was the only family of Dragonriders left from Old Valyria.

It was later believed Helaena Targaryen, the daughter of King Viserys I and his second wife, Alicent Hightower, was also a dragon dreamer.

In the history books, it was noted she often spoke in riddles and drifted off, appearing to be in her own world.

To the best of Aelinor's knowledge, she was the last member of the Targaryens believed to possess dragon dreams.

Had they died out along with the dragons?

If so, what about now that dragons were born again?

Aelinor did not know the specifics of how dragon dreams came to be.