First Born

The sounds of screams echoed through the halls of the Red Keep, announcing that Princess Aelinor had gone into labour.

A few montgs had passed and so much had happened.

Aelinor announced her pregnancy shortly after their wedding, to the delight of most. Eleanor had married Lord Jacearys Velaryon and was currently pregnant with their first child.

As much as Eleanor wanted to be there during her friend, and lover's pregnancy, she was placed on bedrest not long ago.

Joffrey and Margaery's wedding had continuously been delayed. Following the Red Wedding, as it was now known, something that still angered Aelinor greatly, there had been uproar and threats to Joffrey's life.

All preparations for the King's wedding were placed on hold until they could verify the validity of these threats.

In that time, Aelinor's stomach swelled, her lover had gotten married and was now expecting her own child, and she had not seen or heard from Daemon.

She did not know what it meant, but for the moment, she had other important things to focus on.

Although, her mind did drift to him when rumours began circulating that Daenerys Targaryen was not the only Targaryen who possessed dragons. According to how big they've been described, the were hatched around the same time, or shortly before his sister hatched her own.

Nonetheless, her biggest priority was the child she was about to bring forth.

Inside her chambers, the Princess was joined by multiple midwives. She had refused to allow a maestar anywhere near her and her child.

The head midwife sat on a stool at the foot of the bed.

"Keep breathing," she instructed, barely audible over the Princess' heavy breathing. "And push!"

Aelinor did as she was told, pushing with all her might. Grand Maestar Pycelle had insisted on helping her with her labour, but Aelinor refused. She didn't trust those grey rats. Too often things went wrong in childbirth under their watch.

"And rest."

Aelinor fell back against the bed, sweat glistening on her forehead.

This was her first birth and it was taking everything out of her.

"And again," the midwife instructed after her a moment to rest.

"I can't," Aelinor cried.

"You can. Push!"

Despite herself, Aelinor did as she was told.

"Ah, the head!"

There was a moment of relief for Aelinor before the pain returned.

"One more big push and you will have your babe."

Not wanting to waste any time, Aelinor mustered all her strength and gave one last push.

The feeling of something exiting her body, followed by a tiny cry, let Aelinor know she had done it. She had given birth to her first child.

"A boy, Your Grace." The head midwife told her as she handed the babe to one of her assistants to be cleaned.

"Healthy?" That's all Aelinor wanted to know.

"Kicking like a goat," the woman said, retrieving the babe before finally handing him to his mother.

A smile instantly graced Aelinor's face as her son, her first born was placed in her arms.

"He's perfect," she whispering, staring at the babe who had yet to open his eyes.