Welcoming Banquet

Night had fallen and the welcoming banquet had commenced.

The hall was full of boisterous voices, ale, food and music.

The royal family and the Starks, sans Jon Snow, who remained outside in the courtyard, were gathered in the hall.

Cersei and Catelyn were sat at the main table, overlooking everything, while their children were at the table directly in front of them.

Aelinor was sitting between Arya and Myrcella. Tommen was sitting across from her between Bran and Rickon, who appeared to be half asleep.

It was late and probably time for him to retire, but any time someone moved to carry him away, he insisted he was fine.

As per usual, the king was drunk and getting handsy with one of the wrenches.

Catelyn looked over at the Queen, who held a lok of obvious disgust at her husband's actions.

"Is it your first time in the North, You Grace?" Catelyn asked, hoping to distract her.

"Yes. Lovely country." Cersei replied shortly, barely looking at the Lady beside her.

"I'm sure it's very grim after Kings Landing. I remember how scared I was when Ned brought me up here for the first time."

Cersei hummed, seeing Lady Stark's eldest daughter approaching. The one who was to be betrothed to her Joffrey.

"Hello little dove," Cersei greeted. "But you are a beauty. How old are you?"

"Thirteen, Your Grace." Sansa answered, dutifully.

"You're tall. Still growing?"

"I think so, Your Grace."

"And have you bled yet?"

At this question, Sansa sent her mother a look of hesitation.

Seeing her mother motioning for her to answer, Sansa shook her head.

Luckily the topic was quickly changed.

"And your dress? Did you make it?"

Sansa nodded with a bright smile on her face.

"Such a talent. You must make something for me."

Sansa nodded before curtseying and rejoining her friend, Jeyne Poole, at their table.

"I hear we may share a grandchild some day," Cersei said after Sansa had left.

"I hear the same," Catelyn concurred.

"Your daughter will do well in the Capital." Cersei told her. "Such a beauty shouldn't be hidden up here forecer."

Catelyn spared the Queen a glance before returning to looking after her children.

Back at the table, Sansa and Joffrey had caught each other's eye. Joffrey gave her a smile which caused Sansa to turn to her friend, both trying to be inconspicuous.

Aelinor scoffed at seeing this.

"If only you knew what he was really like," she muttered to herself.

Most expected to Joffrey to be a dashing a perfect Prince.

However his siblings knew his true nature.

He was a spoiled cunt who did as he pleased, without suffering consequences.

Aelinor quickly turned her attention to check on her younger siblings.

They were often anxious in large crowds and unfamiliar settings. Which caused her to periodically check on them; to make sure they were okay.

Her mother, her only redeeming quality was her love for her children, according to Aelinor's uncle Tyrion. That and her cheekbones, apparently. She didn't pay as much attention to her younger children, or Aelinor. Instead it was Joffrey who received most of her attention, considering he was to be king when their father died.