Sparring

That morning, Aelinor awoke to the sounds of cheers.

Curious, she dressed herself instead of waiting on a maid.

Rather than donning a gown, she put on one of her outfits she used when sparring with guards.

It was a simple black leather tunic, which showed a tiny bit of cleavage and pants. Topped off with a metal set of shoulderpads. Not much more was needed.

Probably too cold for the North, but that wasn't a problem for the Princess. Plus, she had long black leather guards on her arms, just in case.

Satisfied, she left her chambers and headed in the direction of the cheers.

When she found its source, she found her youngest brother Tommen and Bran Stark, the second youngest son of Lord Stark, heavily padded and swatting at one another with wooden swords.

Various lords and Stark men surrounded the pair, cheering.

Little Tommen had fallen over and was having trouble regaining his footing.

Thankfully Ser Rodrick called the contest to a close and young Bran held out his hand to his opponent.

With some help, Tommen was once again upright.

Approaching the group, Aelinor clapped for her little brother.

"Well done Tommen," she cheered bringing a grin to his face. One that was quickly wiped off by her other brother, Joffrey.

"He lost."

"As have you, many times if I can recall. "

There were scattered chuckles causing the Prince's jaw to tighten.

"Besides, he's only a child. He has much more time to learn." 

"He cries like a child."

"Might I remind you, you were once a child. If memory serves me correctly, you cried even more."

"You little..." He started towards his sister.

"Perhaps the Prince would like a chance to prove his prowess in front of his sister." Someone in the crowd suuggested.

"Yes. Perhaps another round between Prince and heir."

Robb stood straight immediately.

"I grow tired of playing like children, with child's instruments." Joffrey complained.

But his sister knew better. Feigning disinterest was much better than allowing himself to be perceived as weak. 

"If the prince will not," Aelinor started, causing eyes to turn in her direction. "Perhaps I can get some training in before we return to the capital."

"Princess, I'm not sure..." Ser Rodrick began.

"Nonsense. If you're worried about my parents, I can assure you, both are well aware of my skills with a blade. However, if it would make you feel better, I can do so with Lannister men." She looked around. "Any volunteers?"

Amazingly, it seemed all the men who had travelled with the royal family had backed away.

"Whomever can score flesh against my niece, I will consider grant a knighthood." The familiar sound of her Uncle Jaime's voice was heard.

This caused a shift in energy as suddenly there was a line of men ready to spar.

My uncle tossed me a sword, which, thankfully, I caught.

I stood, waiting for one of them to attack.

Apparently, they were doing the same. All of them waiting to see who would attack first.

Finally someone stepped forward, getting into a stance.

He struck fiercely and swiftly, but I continued dodging, until he made a mistake.

When he went to swing again, I ducked, bringing the sword to the base of his neck.

Swiping at my sword, he continued with aggressive strikes, none landing.

After one particular strike, I dived under his arm and brought my blade up to the back of his neck again.

"Swordsmanship is about balance. Not strength." I told the crowd. It was one of the things Syrio Forel, the First Sword of Bravvos, taught me.

Occasionally if Uncle Jaime was busy and I wasn't in the mood to train with other knights, I sought out Syrio. He taught me a different style of fighting;water dancing.

Which, given my petite frame, had proven extremely useful.

"Fight with your feet. Not your arms."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw another man lunging towards me. However, in his haste, I managed to side step him, nearly causing him to tumble into the first man.

Both advanced together, making wild swings, all of which I deflected.

Twirling, I elbowed the second man in the back, causing him to stumble a few steps, before placing my blade at the base of the first man's throat, bringing him to a screeching halt.

More laughter could be heard, which I believe was fueling some of his aggression.

Avoiding yet another aggressive strike, I turned my attention back to the second man, who nearly struck the first.

Blocking his attack, I managed to disarm him before planting my blade at his throat.

Taking advantage of this distraction, I heard footsteps behind me. It was the first man, who stopped when my blade met his throat for the umpteenth time.

One by one, I deflected their attacks; distracting them and trapping them.

Throwing one man out of my way, I noticed something hanging above me.

Using my two swords, I knocked it down, sending them scattering.

This left me with only two men to focus on. Thankfully, with two swords, I managed to place my blade at each of their throats, stopping them in their tracks.

"That was amazing!" A new voice exclaimed. Aelinor looked over to see the youngest Stark daughter, Arya, fast approaching.