Bronn & Tyrion

Elsewhere in the Vale, Tyrion Lannister and Bronn were walking along a forest path. Tyrion was whistling.

"Will you shut up? There's hill tribes all around here." Bronn told him.

"If I'm going to die, it may as well be with a song in my heart."

"I should just take your food and leave you here. Eh? What would you do then?"

"Starve, most likely." Tyrion told him, matter of factly.

"You don't think I'd do it, do you?"

They both stopped walking, Tyrion turning to face Bronn.

"What do you want, Bronn? Gold? Women? Golden women? Stick with me and you'll have them all, for as long as I'm around and not for a moment longer."

Tyrion resumed walking while Bronn looked slightly annoyed.

"But you knew that. That is why you so valiantly took up arms to defend my honour."

There was a brief pause between the two.

"Fair enough. But don't go looking for me to bend the knee and "My Lord" you every time you take a shit. I'm not your toady and I'm not your friend."

"Though I would treasure your friendship, I'm mainly interested in your facility with murder. And if the day ever comes when you're tempted to sell me out, remember this: whatever their price, I'll beat it. I like living." Tyrion told him sarcastically before resuming his whistling.

A while later, Tyrion and Bronn had set up camp and are shown by a campfire where a dead goat was roasting over it. Noises could be heard nearby.

"Tyrion....Tyrion..." Bronn whispered, trying to catch the man's attention, without alerting what was making the noise.

Tyrion remained asleep.

"Tyrion!"

He kicked at Tyrion, who finally woke up. He heard the noises too and alertly got up. Bronn drew his sword. Suddenly, members of the hill tribes emerged from out of the forests towards their camp. Tyrion, looking worried, got behind Bronn, who still had his sword out. The tribesmen had gotten closer now.

"Come, share our fire. Help yourselves to our goat." Tyrion offered, in an attempt to appease them.

Who appeared to be the tribe leader, approached Tyrion and Bronn, carrying a large axe. Tyrion once again got behind Bronn.

"When you meet your Gods, you tell them Shagga, son of Dolf, of the Stone Crows sent you."

"I am Tyrion, son of Tywin, of Clan Lannister."

"How would you like to die, Tyrion, son of Tywin?" Shagga asked.

There was a tense pause as Tyrion looked nervous.

"In my own bed, at the age of 80 with a bellyful of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock."

Shagga lauged out loud Tyrion, Bronn, and the other tribesmen all joining in.

"Take the halfman. He can dance for the children."

Tyrion's smile immediately faded.

"Kill the other one."

The tribesmen advanced on Bronn, who pulled out his dagger in addition to his sword. Tyrion suddenly darted out from behind Bronn.

"No no no no no! My, my House is rich and powerful. If you see us through these mountains, my father will shower you with gold."

"We have no use for a halfman's promises."

"Half a man maybe, but at least I have the courage to face my enemies. What do the Stone Crows do? Hide behind rocks and shiver when the knights of the Vale ride by? Are those the best weapons you could steal?"