Reprieve

[King's Landing]

As the sun set over King's Landing, the city was filled with tension. They seemed to have been granted a temporary reprieve in their battle against the dead.

Soldiers from the North, the Wildlings, the Martells of Dorne, the Velaryons of Driftmark, and the Lannisters of Casterly Rock had gathered for a meeting that could determine the fate of Westeros. The Vale Knights were also present, their presence a testament to the delicate balance of power in the realm.

But two key figures were noticeably absent - Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. Despite their recent victory against the Army of the Dead, the rumors of Jon's demise and Daenerys being carried off by Drogon after being stabbed had left a sense of unease among those who had gathered.

Meanwhile, Ser Davos Seaworth leaned against a pillar, his weary eyes flickering between the various factions represented in the hall. As the former smuggler turned knight, he had seen firsthand the devastation wrought by the Army of the Dead, and he knew that the only way to truly defeat them was through unity and cooperation.

But as the night wore on, it became clear that such unity was easier said than done.

The Northerners eyed the Unsullied warily, as some of their men reported seeing Jon being attacked by men in Unsullied armour, right before he disappeared.

The Martells seethed with anger towards the Lannisters, who they held responsible for the destruction of Dorne and the death of their beloved Princess Elia and her two children, Rhaenys and Aegon. The Velaryons watched the proceedings with cool detachment. And the Vale Knights remained alert, wondering if any of their fellow nobles would attempt to strike at them while they were unprotected.

But despite these tensions, there was one thing that brought everyone together: fear. Fear of the Night King and his army of the dead. For even though they had defeated the wights that had threatened King's Landing, the fact remained that the Night King himself had yet to make an appearance. It was as if he was waiting for something, biding his time before striking again. And without Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen to protect them, the people of King's Landing felt vulnerable and exposed.

Rumors circulated through the city like wildfire, adding to the already palpable sense of unease. Some whispered that Jon Snow had been killed by Daenerys, and that Daenerys had been carried off by Drogon after being stabbed by an unknown assassin. Others claimed that the Night King had been spotted mqrching towards the city, his army of the dead following closely behind him.

The city was abuzz with the shocking news of Jon Snow's death. His uncle, Prince Daemon Targaryen, and his wife, Princess Aelinor, had returned to the Red Keep, their faces grim with sorrow. They had found Jon's body, stabbed through the heart by Longclaw, the sacred sword they knew belonged to him. The Northerners and Wildlings were outraged, crying foul play and accusing Queen Daenerys of the deed.

But the truth was far more complicated. Daenerys had been attacked, stabbed by an unknown assassin, shortly after Jon's murder, and she had been carried away by her loyal dragon, Drogon. The scale of the betrayal was staggering, and the people of King's Landing were left reeling as they struggled to make sense of the events that had unfolded.

Daemon Targaryen and his wife, Princess Aelinor, stood before the gathered soldiers, their faces grim and determined. They had brought news of an ambush on them by men with no sigils. With Jon dead and Daenerys missing, morale at an all-timr low. They needed someone to step up and unite them, to lead them into this battle for their survival.

The greatest threat loomed ahead - the Night King still roamed the land, and they could not afford to be distracted by petty squabbles among themselves.