Bonding Attempts & New Discoveries

[Winterfell]

Jon Snow had alwys been a bit of a loner, content to keep to himself and focus on his duties as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. But since his resurrection by Melisandre and the revelation that he was actually Jaeharys Targaryen, son of Rhaegar and Lyanna Stark, he had found himself thrust into the center of a political maelstrom.

As the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, Jon had found himself surrounded by courtiers and advisors vying for his attention and trying to mold him into the ruler they wanted him to be. But Jon had alwys felt most comfortable around the Starks of Winterfell, which was part of the reason he had returned to the North with his half-sister Sansa and to seek out his half-brothers Bran and Rickon, hoping to find some sense of family and belonging.

But despite his best efforts, Jon had found it difficult to connect with either of them. Rickon had been killed, inciting the Battle Of The Bastards. Bran was too focused on his Greenseeing and Sansa was too busy trying to navigate the treacherous waters of being the Lady of Winterfell.

Jon Snow stood nervously in the courtyard of Winterfell, his heart pounding in his chest as he gazed at the majestic dragon, Rhaegal. The beast's scales glinted in the sunlight, and its piercing gaze seemed to bore into Jon's very soul.

As he approached the dragon, Jon could feel the weight of the eyes of the entire court upon him. Daenerys, Sansa, Bran, and even Daemon Targaryen and his wife, Aelinor, were all watching him with a mixture of curiosity and suspicion.

But Jon was determined to bond with Rhaegal, to prove to himself and to them all that he was worthy of the honour of being the dragon's rider. He reached out a hand, hesitating for a moment, and then gently stroked the dragon's scales.

To his surprise, Rhaegal nuzzled his hand, and a warmth spread through his body. Jon felt a sudden connection to the dragon, a sense of understanding and trust that he had nevr felt before.

Seeing this, Daenerys and Tyrion exchanged a knowing glance. They had suspected that Jon could be the chosen one, the only one who could both potentially control dragons and save the realm from the Night King. And now, they knew for certain.

Despite her reservations, Daenerys agreed to speak with her sister by law, who had urged her to make an ally of the North, rather than an enemy. Besides, Jon was still her nephew. One of the few family members she had left.

"Jon Snow," Daenerys said, her voice filled with emotion. "You have proven yourself worthy of the honor of being Rhaegal's rider. And as such, I agree to the marriage pact between us."

Tyrion nodded in agreement, a hint of a smile on his face. "I too, agree. Let us celebrate this union, and the dawn of a new era of peace and prosperity for the realm."

And so, Jon and Daenerys were wed in a lavish ceremony, surrounded by their friends and allies. As they sealed their union with a kiss, Rhaegal and Drogon, the two magnificent dragons, circled above them, their scales glinting in the sunlight, a symbol of the unity and hope that the marriage represented.

The next morning, in the library of Winterfell, Bran and Sam huddled together over a makeshift table, surrounded by parchments and scrolls. The fire crackled and spat, casting flickering shadows on the walls as they pored over the ancient texts. They were on a mission to decipher the meaning behind the symbols made from corpses left behind by the undead army, hoping to unlock the secrets of the Night King's creation.

"These symbols are unlike anything I've ever seen before," Bran muttered, his voice filled with frustration. "They seem to be some sort of ancient language, but I can't quite decipher them."