Arrival In The North

[Driftmark]

It had been decided Daenerys and her men, including a newly returned Daario Naharis, would travel to Winterfell, and Daemon and Aelinor would arrive after ensuring the safe arrival of their children on Driftmark.

Aelinor also planned to spend as much timr with Eleanor and all of their children as she could.

That was where they were now.

They had arrived on dragon back.

Aelinor had ridden with Aegar as his unnamed dragon flew beside then. His dragon had grown a lot, alongside his bonded. He was the perfect blend of Loki and Freya. Majority of his body was green, save his golden underbelly and the horns along his back and on his head.

Daemon, being the more experienced dragonrider, offered to take the twins. He'd had a harness made for himself to carry the twins. That way he didn't have to worry about directing Loki, and holding onto his daughters simultaneously.

When they arrived, Eleanor and Jacearys were waiting for them outside. Each of them held one of their twin daughters.

They both carefully dismounted their dragons, bringing their children with them.

"Sōvēs," they commanded in unison, watching as their dragons flew to the nearby cliffs to rest, followed by their son.

Aelinor, Aegar still in her arms, strode towards Eleanor, embracing her in a hug, careful not to harm the young girl in her friend's arms.

"And who is this beautiful little girl," she asked, causing the little girl to giggle and hick her face in her mother's neck. Judging by her auburn hair, it was Daenara. "That can't be little Daenara. You're far too grown."

"Nuh uh," the little girl retorted.

"And this must be your equally beautiful sister, Laena."

"Lay," Daenara parroted.

"I'm sorry. Lay," Aelinor corrected. "You both are very beautiful little girls who I'm sure will turn out to be just as intelligent as your mommy and daddy."

"With a mother like theirs, it would be hard not to," Eleanor's husband, Jacearys Velaryon, quipped.

"I'm sorry about Dyanna," Eleanor told her. "She was an amazing person, who didn't deserve what happened to her."

"No, she didn't." She turned to look at her friend/lover. "Look at us, we're both married with children. I only wish she got the chance to do the same."

"As do I. But, enough talk about such sad topics. We are finally together again, even if it is only for tonight."

"You're right. Might as well make the most of it."

[North]

Daenerys and her men were travelling down the Whiteroad. They had sailed to White Harbour, in order to avoid passing through King's Landing, and being perceived as a threat. They had also decided to travel the remaining distance on the Whiteroad, as most of them were unfamiliar with the Northern terrain, but it appeared straightforward. It seemed safest, rather than attempting to use shortcuts through the untamed forest.

Her dragons flew overhead as they mqrched and trotted down the road.

Unfortunately, for them, they were unaware they were being watched.

In the woods, men were huddled, watching as the soldiers passed by.

They had been instructed to target the army's resources. If it was avoidable, they were to keep as many men as they could alive. Killing them would only add to the army of the undead, unless their bodies were burned.