Battle Of The Goldroad Aftermath

[King's Landing - River]

Smoke and fire could be seen in the distance across the river.

Bronn broke the surface of the water and took a deep breath. He pulled Jaime up and Jaime gasped for breath. Bronn helped him to the shore and dropped him to the ground before collapsing next to him. Jaime coughed up water and continued struggling on the ground to breathe. Both men rolled onto their backs and gasp for air.

"You could have killed me." Jaime said.

"What the fuck were you doing back there?"

"Ending the war by killing her."

"You saw the dragon between you and her?" Bronn looked incredulously at Jaime. "

"And?"

Jaime sat up and said nothing to Bronn.

Bronn also sat up and faced Jaime. "Listen to me, cunt. Till I get what I'm owed, a dragon doesn't get to kill you. You don't get to kill you. Only I get to kill you."

"That was only one of them. She has two more. Not to mention her brothers. If she decides to use them, to really use them-"

"You're fucked."

"Don't you mean we're fucked?"

"No, I do not. Dragons are where our partnership ends. I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on King's Landing."

"I have to tell Cersei."

Bronn paused and looked at Jaime. "Best well jump back in that river." He stood up and walked away.

Jaime continued sitting on the shore looking at the smoke and fire from the distant battle.

[King's Landing - Battleground]

Tyrion was walking over an ash covered ground. There were burned bodies and cargo strewn about. Dothraki were looting dead Lannister soldiers. A group of mounted Dothraki were escorting captured Lannister soldiers to where Daenerys and Drogon were awaiting the prisoners.

"I know what Cersei has told you, that I've come to destroy your cities-" She looked around at the prisoners. The men were covered in filth and blood from the battle. "-burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children. That's Cersei Lannister, not me. I'm not here to murder. And all I want to destroy is the wheel that is rolled over rich and poor to the benefit of no one but the Cersei Lannisters of the world. I offer you a choice. Bend the knee and join me. Together we will leave the world a better place than we found it, or refuse and die."

A few Lannister men kneel to the ground, while most remained standing. Drogon roared and moves closer to the men. Almost all the Lannister men quickly kneeled, while a few remained standing, including Randyll and Dickon Tarly.

"Step forward, My Lord." Daenerys ordered.

Randyll took several steps towards Daenerys and stood in front of the kneeling Lannister men.

"You will not kneel?" She asked.

"I already have a queen."

"My sister, she wasn't your queen until recently though, was she, until she murdered your rightful queen and destroyed House Tyrell for all tine, and bypassed both her daughters. So it appears your allegiances are somewhat flexible." Tyrion told him.

"There are no easy choices in war. Say what you will about your sister, she was born in Westeros, has lived here all her lifr. You on the other hand, you murdered your own father and chose to support a foreign invader. One with no ties to this land, an army of savages at her back."

"Do you think I wished to grow up outside of this country? I was born here as well, on Dragonstone, my family's ancestral seat. My brothers and I were forced out because of the actions of our father and eldest brother. It was either that or be slaughtered like my good-sister, niece and nephew." Daenerys told him. "You will not trade your honor for your life. I respect that."

Tyrion turned to speak to her. "Perhaps he could take the black, Your Grace. Whatever else he is, he is a true soldier. He would be invaluable at the Wall."

"You cannot send me to the Wall. You are not my queen." Randyll argued.

Daenerys turned to look at her Dothraki escort. They walked forward to collect Randyll.

As the men were pulling Randyll away, Dickon stepped forward.

"You will have to kill me too." He said.

Randyll pulled away from the Dothraki and turned to face his son. "Step back and shut your mouth."

"Who are you?" Daenerys inquired.

"A stupid boy." Randyll answered.