Flea Bottom Fun

Aelinor had been anxious the entire duration of the day.

All she could think about was this so-called surprise Daemon had planned for her.

When she returned to her chambers that night, she found a note along with a sack of clothes and a hat on the table.

Unfolding the note, she found it was in fact a map of her room.

There was an marked on what appeared to be the wall behind her bed.

She'd heard of the secret passages built by Maegor the Cruel in his paranoia of being trapped in the castle when intruders would enter with the intent to kill him.

After their completion, Maegor killed the men who helped build them, in hopes of keeping them a secret.

Which clearly hadn't worked. Though they were tales.

Until now, Aelinor was uncertain they still existed.

Had they, surely someone would have found them. That is, if the secret passageway she found was not one of his making.

Mayhaps Elia Martell and her children could have survived if they'd known about them.

Following the map, Aelinor pushed on a few of the panels before one finally opened.

Inside, it was dark, as was to be expected, but she could see the staircase leading down to the lower levels of the castle.

With a quick look at her door, she shed her nightgown, changing into the provided clothes, and entering the tunnel, carefully closing the panel behind her.

Descending the steps, they lead her to section of the castle where the skull of Balerion the Black Dread resided. 920

Peering around the corner, she was relieved to find no one in sight.

She hurried across the room, leading her to a set of steps that appeared to lead outside.

Once she ascended the steps, she was greeted by a figure in a dark clock. The same dark cloak as the man who rescued her in Flea Bottom.

She had almost turned back, fearing she had been caught, before she recognized the cloak.

"Daemon," she chuckled. " I should have known."

He said nothing, only turning and walking away.

Aelinor was quick to follow behind him.

Before she knew it, they were in the streets of Flea Bottom.

"Where are we going? Why did you bring me here?" She asked.

He turned to looked at her. "This is where one goes when they don't want to be who they are."

As they ventured deeper, the scene grew denser. More bodies filled the street.

Vendors selling their wares, seers (or supposed seers) offering to tell people their future.

But perhaps the most shocking thing was every so often they would pass couples engaging in lewd acts.

Aelinor hadn't noticed Daemon stop, causing her to run into his back.

"Sorry," she apologized, before looking up to see where he had brought them.

It was a play, put on by the small folk.

Apparently the play was about the royal family.

Actors in outrageous costumes and makeup made their way into the stage.

One man had unruly black hair and a crown on top of his head. This was surely her father.

Another had a long blonde wig. Her mother.