Dragonstone Response

[Dragonstone]

When Daenerys and company arrived back on Dragonstone, they were greeted by Daemon and Aelinor, who each held a small bundle, wrapped in Targaryen cloaks. Aegar was beside them, in the arms of his nursemaid.

"Niece," Tyrion greeted. "You had the twins."

She nodded. "Meet Rhyanna and Helaenyra Targaryen. Daemon has Rhyanna and I hold Helaenyra." She leaned down, allowing him to peer at his younger grand niece.

"Beautiful." He looked up at her. "I'm sorry about your friend."

"Thank you."

They looked over to see Daenerys speaking with her brother.

"Congratulations, brother," she said.

But, Aelinor couldn't help but notice it was said almost half-heartedly.

Daenerys turned to Tyrion. "We must begin planning our next move."

[Chamber Of The Painted Table]

Daenerys stood in the Chamber Of The Painted Table alongside, her brother, sister-by-law, Hand, Varys and Missandei.

They were discussing suggestions for what to do next, when a guard entered, holding a scroll.

"Your Grace," he bowed, handing Daenerys the scroll in his hand.

She opened it, reading it's contents.

The others in attendance watched as her face contorted with anger.

Her head shot up, looking in the direction of Aelinor. "Did you know about this?"

"Did I know about what?"

"This letter is from Jon Snow. He claims he is really Jaeharys Targaryen. The son of our brother, Rhaegar, and Lyanna Stark."

There was a pregnant silence in the room.

"And if I did?" Aelinor asked. "Why would I tell you when you have show your lack of faith in my dreams?"

"That does not matter!" Daenerys exclaimed.

In an instant, her world had come crashing down.

First, her brother, Viserys was heir. Then he died and it fell to her, as the last Targaryen. Or, so she thought. Upon her arrival at her family's ancestral seat, she discovered her brother, Daemon, was not dead. Again, her claim was non-existent. At least, until her brother openly announced he would not pursue his claim to the throne.

But, this changed everything

Rhaegar was the first child of Rhaella and King Aerys II to survive to adulthood, making him the default heir.

Any legitimate children he had would be next in line to the Throne, over Daemon and Daenerys.

Her quest had been shaped upon the belief she was the only one left to avenge their family and regain their throne.

If she didn't sit the Throne, had everything been for nothing?

The loss of her husband whom she had grown to love. The stillbirth of their son. The birth of her dragons.

"It matters plenty," Aelinor told her. "Be honest. You don't like me because I am a living, breathing reminder of the man who stole your family's throne. I might not look like him, but that doesn't matter to you. All you see is the daughter of the Usurper. You only tolerate me because I am married to your brother. For someone who talks about not judging someone by the actions of their father, you don't seem to listen to your own advice."