Battle Of The Blackwater

[The Sea At Night]

King Stannis Baratheon's fleet sailed through the night. Ser Davos Searworth walked around the deck, and looked out the stern at the rest of the ships. Stannis was also looking ahead while his soldiers were sitting below, tired and waiting. One vomited from seasickness.

Davos and his son, Mattos Seaworth, stood above deck.

"That's it. The tide's against us." Matthos said.

"Aye, but we have the wind. She'll blow us straight to the gates."

"You're coming home."

"King's Landing hasn't been home for twenty years. I spent most of my life dodging the royal fleet. And now I'm sailing right at them."

"This is the royal fleet. And you're not a smuggler anymore, you're the high captain."

"Of course, there are several royal fleets at the moment."

"Not after tonight. When the sun rises, Stannis will sit on the Iron Throne and you will be his Hand." Matthos told his father.

"Gods be good."

"God. Father, there is only one and he watches over us."

"But not over them?"

"Over all of us. The people of King's Landing did not choose the false king, Joffrey Baratheon. They will be glad to see his head on a spike."

"Well, first, we have to put it there."

"Our ships outnumber theirs ten-to-one."

"Our army outnumbers theirs five-to-one Those walls have nevr been breached, and the men guarding the walls, when they see you, they don't see a liberator, they see a stranger come to set their city on fire."

"I have faith in the Lord of Light. I have faith in our cause. And I have faith in my captain."

[King's Landing - Cersei's Chambers]

Queen Cersei Lannister looked out her window as Grand Maestar Pycelle was advising her.

"As you know, Your Grace, it is not only the sworn duty of a maester to carry out the wishes of the house he serves, but also to offer guidance and counsel in times of war."

"Your words are alwys wise and measured."

"If you could - If anything, a maester's duties become more urgent in times of war and turmoil. I remember back in the days of King..."

"You brought me something?"

"Yes. Essence of nightshade is as dangerous as it is efficacious. A single drop in a cup of wine suffices to soothe ragged nerves. Three drops will bring on a deep and dreamless sleep. Ten drops, however-"

"I know what ten drops will bring."

"Your Grace, if I may ask-"

"You may not. You must have a lot of work to do. I'm sure many brave men will need your wisdom soon."

"Yes. A siege is very-"

"Be careful on the stairs, Grand Maester. There are so many." Cersei cut him off.

"Your Grace." He bowed before leaving.

[King's Landing - Red Keep, Tyrion's Chambers]

Varys stood by the window while Podrick Payne helped dress Tyrion in his armor.

"I've alwys hated the bells. They ring for horror. A dead king, a city under siege."

"A wedding." Tyrion interjected.