Aelinor's Wedding

The timeline of the wedding had been pushed forward after the rumours of the Princess' escapades in Flea Bottom.

She had been lucky enough that it had been postponed until after Tyrion and Sansa's wedding.

Part of her felt bad for enjoying her extended freedom, when it cam at the expense of the young Stark girl.

She had spoken with her husband to be, who had been shocked to learn that she had similar preferences to him.

They agreed to do their duties to their families and marry. But once they were bound together, they would each dine as they saw fit.

However, Aelinor made it very clear he was to be discreet in his relations at court.

She couldn't risk being another Rhaenyra Targaryen.

Aelinor had insisted on having Eleanor there to help her prepare for the big day.

They had been accompanied by a few handmaidens who her mother had sent, insistent they help her prepare.

Today, she had decided to let her natural curls, that she had inherited from both of her parents, shine. She was so used to using heat on her hair, simply because it made it more manageable.

One of the maids had done two small braids halfway and a large braid in the centre, pulling it together with a hair tie, leaving the rest of her curls to cascade down her back. (A/N: Think Lagertha from Vikings, played by Kathryn Winnick, who could have been an amazing Targaryen if Daenerys wasn't the last pure Targaryen, or as Visenya from a prequel about Aegon the Conqueror.)

Next, it was time for her dress.

Her dress was rather simple. It was ivory. The corset was laden with beading on the bodice. She also had a lace choker which held together her maiden cloak, that had been designed specifically for her. Ivory to match her dress with the sigils of both her parents houses in silver.

The skirt was the same ivory material as the corset, simple, with the front center being accentuated with silver beading.

Aelinor didn't feel the need for an over the top wedding gown. She wasn't the Queen (yet?), and the marriage was something neither party looked forward to.

Once she had finished, she dismissed the handmaidens, leaving only herself and Eleanor.

They joined hands, foreheads resting against one another, trying to take in these last few moments together before Aelinor became a married woman.

"So..." Aelinor began.

"So..."

"This is it. In a matter of minutes, I will officially be married and the futuire Lady of Higharden."diane

"Yes you will. You look beautiful."

"Please know this changes nothing between us. You will soon marry and have children of your own."

Eleanor's father had been quite pleased with the match. Though the Velaryons had fought for Stannis, this was viewed as a positive. To keep them from involving themselves in the war, especially on the side of the "Usurper", Stannis.

Her wedding was set to take place shortly after Aelinor's. Lord Whent had insisted, and Aelinor agreed. To her, it would provide Eleanor with another layer of protection.

The ceremony would take place on Driftmark, naturally, Aelinor had convinced her mother to allow her to attend. Though it would be with a heavy guarded presence.

Her mother feared her being abducted at sea and she wasn't going to take any chances.

"I love you," Aelinor said.